Craft Beer

As @James has said some beers will be better than others when sat around for a while. Stouts last for ages, hoppy beers less so as hops fade in time. An older pale or IPA may not be as good as when fresh but if it was a bargain I'd be tempted if I was running low and intended knocking them back soon.

Expecting it to go even further downhill, then.

Had no idea it was owned by Robert Plant’s son! :eek:

I don't mind a Neck Oil once in a while as an easy drinking IPA but I don't think I've ever seen it for less than £5.50 a pint, and it's usually above £6.

Can't really blame the owners. Well done to them for creating a business worth millions out of nothing. Just take the money and do it again.

Is it any good? I walked over to 2x2. Thought it was next to Brinkburn but didn't find it. Didn't really look mind as was on lunch and not much time so went in Brinkburn instead.

Is it any good? I walked over to 2x2. Thought it was next to Brinkburn but didn't find it. Didn't really look mind as was on lunch and not much time so went in Brinkburn instead.
Not been either! As Dave spends so much time at Full Circle I thought he might have called in 2x2 by now!

You been to the new 2x2 tap room yet?
Yeah, it’s decent. Josie who used to manage Full Circle taproom is the manager there, real down to earth lovely lass.

Bears are decent, but they only tend to do pales and ipas. My bag, but I know others on here prefer stouts

Edit: just seen your other post 2x2 is here - other side of the road from the Free Trade, straight up the bank towards the pointy bit on Byker Wall

https://maps.app.tracking code removed/Fpvz9vdjjy69Gsz69
Balls. That link didn’t work.

It’s here

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I don't mind a Neck Oil once in a while as an easy drinking IPA but I don't think I've ever seen it for less than £5.50 a pint, and it's usually above £6.

Can't really blame the owners. Well done to them for creating a business worth millions out of nothing. Just take the money and do it again.
It’s amazing what you can achieve with a little hard work and a dad who’s a multi millionaire, world famous rock star. :lol:

Same about 4 years ago or something?
Aye, apparently the original contract was 49% for 5 years then they'd take the other half. Obviously pulled the trigger a year before that.

Neck Oil is crap as well like. Had it for the first time in ages while back home last weekend and couldn't believe how poor it was compared to what I could remember. :lol: Won't be having it again.

Aye, apparently the original contract was 49% for 5 years then they'd take the other half. Obviously pulled the trigger a year before that.

Neck Oil is crap as well like. Had it for the first time in ages while back home last weekend and couldn't believe how poor it was compared to what I could remember. :lol: Won't be having it again.
Gamma Ray is still ok, Neck Oil is like slightly flavoured water.

Gamma Ray is still ok, Neck Oil is like slightly flavoured water.
I've not had that in years either. No rush to try it either after that.

Just cracked open a can of Siren's Simcoe DIPA as part of their Time Hops mini project. It's essentially an attempt at something similar to Pliny the Elder by Russian River. It's absolutely tremendous like, probably my ideal DIPA.

Out all tomorrow through Newcastle as well, can't wait like. Gunna stick around the Ouseburn and drink nothing but cask beer. :lol:

Yeah, it’s decent. Josie who used to manage Full Circle taproom is the manager there, real down to earth lovely lass.

Bears are decent, but they only tend to do pales and ipas. My bag, but I know others on here prefer stouts

Edit: just seen your other post 2x2 is here - other side of the road from the Free Trade, straight up the bank towards the pointy bit on Byker Wall

Balls. That link didn’t work.

It’s here

Logon or register to see this image
I’ve only ever seen pales and IPA’s from them so that’s no surprise. I don’t think I’ve had a bad pint of theirs either mind. Only criticism would be is that they’re quite samey but that’s a minor point when they’re consistently good.

Heads up for anyone going to Reading next Wednesday, and have a few hours to kill. Phantom Brewery is a 15 minute walk from the station and they’re opening the taproom before the match, from 2pm.

Last edited:

Back