Craft Beer

Think I’ll be ordering this as got a 10% discount code too, some of these sound lovely

Thought that pineapple one sounded truly disgusting. :lol:

I tried that BrewDog marshmallow pineapple thing the other week too. An abomination of a drink.

Pressure Drop are releasing a pared back version of their insane mango and coconut sour this Friday. I'll have to give it a go, the original was sensational.

Ah wow, now that was a great beer

Think I’ll be ordering this as got a 10% discount code too, some of these sound lovely
It's decent value that, about a fiver a can. I'd take into consideration how quickly you're going to drink them. They're mostly hoppy as hell beers so don't age very well, so unless you're going to plough through them in a few weeks it would probably be better to buy a smaller pack so you're drinking em fresh. Some of them are already a few weeks old.

With the pubs back open now I reckon that many cans would last me about 3 months. :lol: I'll only drink at home on a Friday night though.

Strange one Brewdog and what they are saying about Lost Lager, very rarely drink lager but if I do I would always just grab a Corona or Bud for example, presume most craft beer drinkers are the same , lager drinkers that I do know just go for what they know and whatever is cheapest. I just don't see what sort of market Lost Lager is going to be aimed at to make it compete with all the most popular lagers.

Strange one Brewdog and what they are saying about Lost Lager, very rarely drink lager but if I do I would always just grab a Corona or Bud for example, presume most craft beer drinkers are the same , lager drinkers that I do know just go for what they know and whatever is cheapest. I just don't see what sort of market Lost Lager is going to be aimed at to make it compete with all the most popular lagers.
I haven’t had Lost Lager but can be quite picky with it, generally.

Nah, if I drink lager I try to get very good stuff. Just the same as I’d rather not bother with a bog standard ale.

Local shop has a class selection of German lagers.

And imperial pastry stouts are just cold coffees/chocolate milkshakes with alcohol in. ;)

It's a sour beer with adjuncts. I think at this end of the scale they're closer to cocktails/cider than your traditional ale. More traditional fruited sours/lambics can sometimes feel more like wine than a beer, really.
I’ve decided pastry stouts aren’t for me. Too sweet. But aye, I get your point :lol:

Very very rare I drink lager in this country but if I did Corona and Bud would probably be at the very bottom of the list.

It's decent value that, about a fiver a can. I'd take into consideration how quickly you're going to drink them. They're mostly hoppy as hell beers so don't age very well, so unless you're going to plough through them in a few weeks it would probably be better to buy a smaller pack so you're drinking em fresh. Some of them are already a few weeks old.

With the pubs back open now I reckon that many cans would last me about 3 months. :lol: I'll only drink at home on a Friday night though.
Probably drink 24 in 4 weeks 6 cans a week is a steady pace

A lager is a lager , they are all poor in my view and only ever drink them say abroad in the sun when have no other choice , point was they are all as bad as each other so don’t get why Brewdog think they can get lost lager to compete with all the other established ones.

On another note I will never understand why some of the best craft breweries around seem to have some sort of daft idea that they are able to make a nice lager , it just never works and it’s because it’s lager.

Last edited:
A lager is a lager , they are all poor in my view and only ever drink them say abroad in the sun when have no other choice , point was they are all as bad as each other so don’t get why Brewdog think they can get lost lager to compete with all the other established ones.

They're definitely not all as bad as each other. Lost Lager is foul though.

On another note I will never understand why some of the best craft breweries around seem to have some sort of daft idea that they are able to make a nice lager , it just never works and it’s because it’s lager.
This is probably the most insane take I've ever seen! Lager is brilliant.

Thought that pineapple one sounded truly disgusting. :lol:

I tried that BrewDog marshmallow pineapple thing the other week too. An abomination of a drink.

Pressure Drop are releasing a pared back version of their insane mango and coconut sour this Friday. I'll have to give it a go, the original was sensational.

BrewDog’s obsession with that minging marshmallow flavour is embarrassing. It’s like f***ing haribo. Horrid.

in other news just popped into the Ship Isis after work. First time in years I’ve been there. Get this though

A pint of f***ing Deya Steady Rolling Man. on draft. In Sunderland. Absolutely outstanding.

then a pint on Hammerton Crunch, peanut butter stout. Epic.

bowled over. And then the guy I was talking to for a good hour, turns out to be a fella I’ve followed on Untappd for years :lol:

class afternoon
i love craft beer it distracts me from how empty me life is
You’re more than welcome to take the piss when you can spell your username correctly. Delete your account mate.

Last edited:

Back