Covid Twice in 6 Weeks??

safccfas

Winger
Just had a text off my mate who I was at the match with yesterday. His daughter, who is 11 and therefore unvaccinated, has tested positive again tonight. She only had it a week before Xmas. Is this even possible ? She had a confirmation PCR pre xmas and tonight’s she’s done two lateral flows and both are positive. Surely you can’t get it again this quickly?
I’ve tried a quick google search but can’t seem to find anything saying to you can get it so quickly again?!?

Just had a text off my mate who I was at the match with yesterday. His daughter, who is 11 and therefore unvaccinated, has tested positive again tonight. She only had it a week before Xmas. Is this even possible ? She had a confirmation PCR pre xmas and tonight’s she’s done two lateral flows and both are positive. Surely you can’t get it again this quickly?
I’ve tried a quick google search but can’t seem to find anything saying to you can get it so quickly again?!?
If it’s a different variant you can.

Seems massively unlikely considering how many people there are in the world and this hasn’t generally been reported anywhere

this is the official stance and you only retest if you develop symptoms
Yeah but I only tested my bairn out of a need to discount covid (as the only thing he said was wrong was that his legs felt heavy and he felt weak). He's now been positive since Tuesday, it's been a nightmare as I've had to quarantine him in his room (as I'm negative and CEV). No cough, no sneezing, no temperature, no loss of taste and smell.
If he can catch the bugger again so quickly I'm going to be constantly on edge :confused:.
I'm pissed off that masks are being scrapped, it's just going to keep ripping through the kids on a loop at this rate.

Yeah but I only tested my bairn out of a need to discount covid (as the only thing he said was wrong was that his legs felt heavy and he felt weak). He's now been positive since Tuesday, it's been a nightmare as I've had to quarantine him in his room (as I'm negative and CEV). No cough, no sneezing, no temperature, no loss of taste and smell.
If he can catch the bugger again so quickly I'm going to be constantly on edge :confused:.
I'm pissed off that masks are being scrapped, it's just going to keep ripping through the kids on a loop at this rate.
i had no idea i had it...i was negative LFTx4 at home(the Mrs had it her only symptom was that she was completely exhausted xmas day afternoon and most of boxing day) and faint positive 1st day back at work

Seems massively unlikely considering how many people there are in the world and this hasn’t generally been reported anywhere
That's not true.
Imperial College London put a report out in December showing reinfection with Omicron is about 5 and a half times higher.

It's also widely reported in the UKHSA technical briefings that it's happened 100's of thousands of times in the last few months.

That's not true.
Imperial College London put a report out in December showing reinfection with Omicron is about 5 and a half times higher.

It's also widely reported in the UKHSA technical briefings that it's happened 100's of thousands of times in the last few months.
Omnicron has been in existence for about 13 weeks that we know.

In December it had been known of for about 5 weeks.

I’m calling drivel.

My 17 year old son has had covid a year ago and been double jabbed. He was saying he had a cold while at the match. I told him most people complaining of colds had covid so he did a lft when home (positive).

Doesn't matter what scientists, statistics and government agencies say mate, Brian has said it's drivel, that's all you need to know 👍
It was sequenced for the first time 23/24 November yet the lad is quoting 100,000 cases in the last few months, despite not even being discovered two months ago.

Back