Covid Twice in 6 Weeks??

It was sequenced for the first time 23/24 November yet the lad is quoting 100,000 cases in the last few months, despite not even being discovered two months ago.
There's been over 5.5m cases since December man and a reinfection includes an infection in the three month prior to that! That's a third of the total cases since covid was being tested for.

The numbers are published in weekly reports and in technical briefings.

What you posted was wrong and your rationale is pure drivel ignorance.

There's been over 5.5m cases since December man and a reinfection includes an infection in the three month prior to that! That's a third of the total cases since covid was being tested for.

The numbers are published in weekly reports and in technical briefings.

What you posted was wrong and your rationale is pure drivel ignorance.

It’s assumed only up to 15% of those positive with Omnicron since December were reinfections.

Your opinion is way off.

15% of 5,500,000 is 825,000... :lol:
825,000 who may have had COVID within the last 2 years. Not people who had Omnicron on a Christmas Day and then again today.

The poster is claiming that 100,000s of people have caught Omnicron twice over the last few months - which is absolutely false. We’re just at the 2 month mark now.

Last edited:
Just had a text off my mate who I was at the match with yesterday. His daughter, who is 11 and therefore unvaccinated, has tested positive again tonight. She only had it a week before Xmas. Is this even possible ? She had a confirmation PCR pre xmas and tonight’s she’s done two lateral flows and both are positive. Surely you can’t get it again this quickly?
I’ve tried a quick google search but can’t seem to find anything saying to you can get it so quickly again?!?

Definitely sounds like a different variant as Omicron was only discovered in South Africa in November. Suspect she will have different symptoms this time also.

825,000 who may have had COVID within the last 2 years. Not people who had Omnicron on a Christmas Day and then again today.

The poster is claiming that 100,000s of people have caught Omnicron twice over the last few months - which is absolutely false. We’re just at the 2 month mark now.
Nor mate. There's been 5m cases since December 1st.
Theres been almost 16m in the last two year

Just had a text off my mate who I was at the match with yesterday. His daughter, who is 11 and therefore unvaccinated, has tested positive again tonight. She only had it a week before Xmas. Is this even possible ? She had a confirmation PCR pre xmas and tonight’s she’s done two lateral flows and both are positive. Surely you can’t get it again this quickly?
I’ve tried a quick google search but can’t seem to find anything saying to you can get it so quickly again?!?
Apologies if SEB.

She’s had it twice in somewhere between 7-11 weeks.

Because the whole village got it...Xmas party, and this one is identical without the fatigue and less snot.
Yes, but who told you about the variant you specifically had?

And was this LFT or PCR diagnosed?
Nor mate. There's been 5m cases since December 1st.
Theres been almost 16m in the last two year
I’m not arguing that.

Of the 5m cases since December 1st, 15% is the assumption of reinfections.

The 825,000 could have contracted COVID over the last 2 years. These 825,000 have not caught it since the beginning of December and again by now. If they had we’d have heard about it.

Last edited:
So you’re claiming you had ormicron twice but aren’t saying where you found out or even telling us what tests you had? Ok....
You'd have come across more genuine if you'd just called me a liar mate...sticking an "ok" on the end is a bit cringe TBH.

Last edited:
Had the original first wave of Covid, then Delta and Omicron.
Severity in order Delta Covid and Omicron in that order... Omicron was like a walk in the park... who knows it could have be a false positive. 🤔
Severity in order Delta Covid and Omicron in that order... Omicron was like a walk in the park... who knows it could have be a false positive. 🤔

Just found this snipit

Just found this snipit
TORONTO -- Pig cells respond differently than human cells when exposed to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, a study out of Iowa State University suggests, finding that could help with the eventual development of new methods of treatment for the disease.

The ability and potential consequences of SARS-CoV-2 to infect other species and mutate into new strains have been an ongoing concern during the pandemic.

Got a Pigs Aortic Valve so maybe better than a booster😊👍

Last edited:

I’m not arguing that.

The 825,000 could have contracted COVID over the last 2 years. These 825,000 have not caught it since the beginning of December and again by now. If they had we’d have heard about it.
Then it wouldn't have been an Omicron re-infection would it? But if 15% is the going rate for such re-infections then it could well be that since the start of Omicron we have had that many. the fact that we have had 5m over two month and less than 16m over two year shows the prevalence and just how possible it could be.

I’m not arguing that.

You wouldn't, those numbers aren't freely available.

You can work out estimated numbers within 90 days or any given gap using the testing numbers, patient days since infection and estimates published from UKHSA and ONS of probability of repeated infections in a given time. Updated number of repeated positive test numbers before 90 days are not publically available but they were used in making the estimates. Older numbers for this are available in one of the older reports.

Anecdotally, looking at patient cancellations of appointments in our team there's 3 with cancellations with between 4 and 8 weeks between positive tests since last week of Nov. Don't have ready access to sample size but I'd guess about 250, if usual number of appointments have been offered.

That data isn't representative of the population though as it's a specific age group and includes a disproportionate amount of people in 24 hour care. None immunocompromised though.
Then there's the reports on here.

Probably just retesting too soon. You can get a different variant, but it’s more likely to be the old virus it’s detecting still. I think the PCR does differentiate unlike the lateral flow so maybe worth a confirmatory one of those

Back