Covid cases on the rise

Got it for the third time on Monday, first time I’ve had symptoms. Feel rough as fuck, no cough or anything but I’ve got tinnitus and my heart rate is much faster than normal

Absolute joke they are still pulling stunts like this. It is inhumane. Nobody should be testing for covid now. Do people test for the flu? It's always going to be around now man. Time to move on. The news publishing stories like this is just scaremongering bollocks.

I don't think many people at all would ever comply to any restrictions again. Not that I think it will come to that mind. Imagine the economy if it did happen again. Like I say, be hell on, most people would not comply. The people telling us to be locked away scared were having parties ffs. Surely no chance any restrictions would ever be introduced again.

Why are people who didn't get the vaccine a loon? I got mine but only because my job was at risk and I was in no position to lose my job. It's slowly coming out more and more than they weren't as "safe" as previously advertised.

It's down to choice and a lot of people's choices were taken away.

I don't agree with people telling others not to get the vaccine though. It is purely down to individual choice. But those that didn't want it, were crictised, and looked down upon by government officials, the media and some members of the public. So really you could change "antivax loons" to "vaxed loons" in some instances.

I’m advised that I am required to test so that I may be prescribed the antivirals that my compromised immune system necessitates or, if the symptoms (fever, high temperature etc) are NOT covid I may receive whatever treatment I need to prevent neutropenic sepsis and then on to medications prior to chemotherapy for the rare type of incurable (but not yet terminal) leukaemia I have.

I share all this personal information to illustrate that the comments that ‘everybody should just get on with it’ coz it’s here to stay, whilst being true are missing the nuance and detail regarding testing and the different ways that it impacts groups of people. I’m not being critical of the post I’m quoting, it was just a handy one to pick in order to make that point.

I’m attending my next booster in a couple of weeks - hopefully one that’s up to date, in as far as it’s possible to be, with the newest strains, so I can get on with my life and stay healthy. I’ve got a flu vaccine on Friday. And a letter from my haematologist to my dentist next Monday asking her to treat the abscess that hasn’t fully cleared up more aggressively (my word) so it doesn’t turn into something else that might impact other treatment that might, or might not, be necessary at short notice.

My point: we’re not all the same.

I’m advised that I am required to test so that I may be prescribed the antivirals that my compromised immune system necessitates or, if the symptoms (fever, high temperature etc) are NOT covid I may receive whatever treatment I need to prevent neutropenic sepsis and then on to medications prior to chemotherapy for the rare type of incurable (but not yet terminal) leukaemia I have.

I share all this personal information to illustrate that the comments that ‘everybody should just get on with it’ coz it’s here to stay, whilst being true are missing the nuance and detail regarding testing and the different ways that it impacts groups of people. I’m not being critical of the post I’m quoting, it was just a handy one to pick in order to make that point.

I’m attending my next booster in a couple of weeks - hopefully one that’s up to date, in as far as it’s possible to be, with the newest strains, so I can get on with my life and stay healthy. I’ve got a flu vaccine on Friday. And a letter from my haematologist to my dentist next Monday asking her to treat the abscess that hasn’t fully cleared up more aggressively (my word) so it doesn’t turn into something else that might impact other treatment that might, or might not, be necessary at short notice.

My point: we’re not all the same.
Excellent point, well made. Hope everything goes well for you.

Eleven days ago I returned from Perthshire and tested positive for Covid for the first time despite having had all offered vaccinations and boosters. I'm still positive as of this morning with residual symptoms such as phlegm, a continued loss of appetite, cough and lethargy. My earlier symptoms included a three day fever and muscle aches and pains but these have not returned. I'd hate to think how I would have fared first time round without maybe some residual protection from my previous jabs.

We have a few people off work with it now. I'm keeping away from everyone as I'm off on holiday next week.

Just been talking to one colleague who is sure she has it but refuses to pay £1.99 for a test and is insisting on coming in the office ("There's no law against it and it's endemic anyway"). Surely if you have any infectious illness then it's common sense to avoid contact with people especially in jobs where it is easy to work from home.

I know a good few people with it at the moment, my mam & her fella had it bad for a week. Still not 100% now, half my lasses colleagues are having to wfh because of it. Bass player in the band said he felt a bit poorly on Sunday & today he’s wiped out. Due to fly to Latvia on Friday should probably hoy a mask on & try to take some modicum of caution.

I’m still clear but my son has tested positive today. We avoided transmission last time he was positive in 2020 so hopefully we’ll get lucky.

I’m still clear but my son has tested positive today. We avoided transmission last time he was positive in 2020 so hopefully we’ll get lucky.
Hopefully you will, but it’s getting concerning again, at the rates going back up, makes you wonder when advice will be coming forward.

Hopefully you will, but it’s getting concerning again, at the rates going back up, makes you wonder when advice will be coming forward.
Some hospitals are asking staff and visitors to wear masks again so I suspect the numbers are increasing but we don’t really know as so few now test. We do because we work with potentially vulnerable people and my wife is on immuno suppressant medication.

Some hospitals are asking staff and visitors to wear masks again so I suspect the numbers are increasing but we don’t really know as so few now test. We do because we work with potentially vulnerable people and my wife is on immuno suppressant medication.
Well that's good, that hospitals are asking for it, really, i think we should have to advice from the government, but i doubt it.

Back