Covid cases on the rise

me mams nursing home has been locked to visitors due to an outbreak

Absolute joke they are still pulling stunts like this. It is inhumane. Nobody should be testing for covid now. Do people test for the flu? It's always going to be around now man. Time to move on. The news publishing stories like this is just scaremongering bollocks.

I don't think many people at all would ever comply to any restrictions again. Not that I think it will come to that mind. Imagine the economy if it did happen again. Like I say, be hell on, most people would not comply. The people telling us to be locked away scared were having parties ffs. Surely no chance any restrictions would ever be introduced again.
Yep, read it yesterday. Can't imagine what the antivax loons will make of it

Why are people who didn't get the vaccine a loon? I got mine but only because my job was at risk and I was in no position to lose my job. It's slowly coming out more and more than they weren't as "safe" as previously advertised.

It's down to choice and a lot of people's choices were taken away.

I don't agree with people telling others not to get the vaccine though. It is purely down to individual choice. But those that didn't want it, were crictised, and looked down upon by government officials, the media and some members of the public. So really you could change "antivax loons" to "vaxed loons" in some instances.

Last edited:
Absolute joke they are still pulling stunts like this. It is inhumane. Nobody should be testing for covid now. Do people test for the flu? It's always going to be around now man. Time to move on. The news publishing stories like this is just scaremongering bollocks.

I don't think many people at all would ever comply to any restrictions again. Not that I think it will come to that mind. Imagine the economy if it did happen again. Like I say, be hell on, most people would not comply. The people telling us to be locked away scared were having parties ffs. Surely no chance any restrictions would ever be introduced again.

Why are people who didn't get the vaccine a loon? I got mine but only because my job was at risk and I was in no position to lose my job. It's slowly coming out more and more than they weren't as "safe" as previously advertised.

I don't agree with people telling others not to get the vaccine though. It is purely down to individual choice. But those that didn't want it, were crictised, and looked down upon by government officials, the media and some members of the public. So really you could change "antivax loons" to "vaxed loons" in some instances.
Completely agree on lockdowns in nursing homes (and elsewhere for that matter) - it's just an excuse to do less for the residents for the same money. Disagree on testing - we don't know how dangerous the new variant(s) might be yet (hopefully really mild). Just test to get in the home - easy. Maybe even use an N95 mask (?), but no way should the elderly be locked down again. I wouldn't want to comply with a lockdown unless a really scary variant shows up.

Don't believe the "they weren't as safe as advertised bollocks", that's just what subversives, grifters and halfwits say. The data are all published. The mRNA vaccines were safe and very effective against the alpha and delta variants. Most of us now have a decent immunity base (with vaccines and infections) but variant-specific boosters should help (still an individual's choice to have one). The biggest unknown risk now is long term risk from repeated COVID infections - the more severe, the more damage (again, unless a nasty new variant shows up).

Last edited:
Completely agree on lockdowns in nursing homes (and elsewhere for that matter) - it's just an excuse to do less for the residents for the same money. Disagree on testing - we don't know how dangerous the new variant(s) might be yet (hopefully really mild). Just test to get in the home - easy. Maybe even use an N95 mask (?), but no way should the elderly be locked down again. I wouldn't want to comply with a lockdown unless a really scary variant shows up.

Don't believe the "they weren't as safe as advertised bollocks", that's just what subversives, grifters and halfwits say. The data are all published. The mRNA vaccines were safe and very effective against the alpha and delta variants. Most of us now have a decent immunity base (with vaccines and infections) but variant-specific boosters should help (still an individual's choice to have one). The biggest unknown risk now is long term risk from repeated COVID infections - the more severe, the more damage (again, unless a nasty new variant shows up).

Fair enough mate different views on some things there but I'm definitely not a halfwit. The vaccines have caused a lot of complications for some people. I'm not saying they weren't effective against the virus, but imo definitely weren't as safe as we were being told, and a lot of people were backed into a corner to get it. Anything we out into our bodies should be personal choice.

If a pandemic ever happens again then lockdowns are far from the answer. It was a farce in a lot of ways.

Fair enough mate different views on some things there but I'm definitely not a halfwit. The vaccines have caused a lot of complications for some people. I'm not saying they weren't effective against the virus, but imo definitely weren't as safe as we were being told, and a lot of people were backed into a corner to get it. Anything we out into our bodies should be personal choice.

If a pandemic ever happens again then lockdowns are far from the answer. It was a farce in a lot of ways.
Fair play! I suppose the question would be "being told by who?" If it was government talking heads then fair enough (no suggestion here that you're one of the halfwits - you can only go with the information you have). Competent and ethical scientists (the vast majority of scientists) would say that the vaccines have caused far, far fewer complications than COVID itself (and that really is to be expected from an qualified immunovirology perspective).

My view is that there was an imperative to get the first two doses, when alpha and delta variants were everywhere, but not so much now (as yet) post-omicron. In any event - I agree with you that lockdowns should not occur again unless something really, really bad happens.

I'm not saying they weren't effective against the virus, but imo definitely weren't as safe as we were being told, and a lot of people were backed into a corner to get it. Anything we out into our bodies should be personal choice.
I guess it depends on how safe you thought you were being told they were.....

Tested positive for the 8th time this morning.

The littlest had a slightly runny nose on Tuesday and I had difficulty waking him on Wednesday but otherwise he's been fine and I began to feel ill yesterday,. I had a slightly runny nose but felt rough as anything and run down, I thought I was just knackered from a busy week and having an asthma reaction to the heat. Symptoms are completely different to the first few times I tested positive.

Care homes have always closed for outbreaks of viruses if they’re potentially serious. I’ve known homes close for Flu and norovirus before Covid 19 existed.

The virus has caused far, far more complications for people than vaccinations. Vaccinations are personal choice, no one is forced to take them although obviously there was huge pressure on health and social care staff to do so . On the other side the fact that vaccinations are not mandatory kills kids with measles and other “harmless” childhood viruses every year.
There will be another pandemic. Probably in our lifetime too as the way we interact with a lot of food animals has changed dramatically, hugely increasing the risk of a zoonotic virus. Whether we lock down or not will depend entirely on the severity of the virus. If it’s original SAR virus or MERS we’ll lock down and be happy to. ( roughly 10% and 30% death rates respectively) if it’s SARS COV 2 rates we probably wouldn’t.

Last edited:
We've got a few people off work this week - some confirmed with a test but others not bothering getting one. I think the schools going back has something to do with the rise.

Yep it's finally caught me. Started coughing at the football Friday night, turned more start of cold like on Saturday, then got a bit fluey and achey yesterday, at which point I did a test

I'm absolutely fucked with man flu like - never had it this bad for years. Nose is flowing like the River Ganges and the shite has got on my chest. Did a test yesterday pm and nowt. Going to do one now before bed.

Back