Covid cases on the rise

Update from the Covid pit. Symptom diary:

Days 1-3 mild sore throat, mildly sneezy. Negative day 2, faint positive day 3.
Day 4 - worst cold ever. Tooth / sinus ache.
Day 5 - worst cold ever. Tooth / sinus ache.
Day 6 (today) - cold much lighter, hardly snotty at all after rivers of snot the past 2 days. A bit tired. A bit achey. Strong and fast line on the test this morning.
Day 7 (today) feel practically normal but still getting a strong positive line. There are CEV people in the house so I have to stay in the pit :(

Last edited:
So my wife and son tested positive and were quite poorly for a week or so, not quite bad flu level but much worse than a standard cold. Reluctant to use those as descriptors but they work.
I never tested positive and haven’t had any classic Covid symptoms but have had three weird sets of symptoms:
Sudden onset tinnitus, now much improved but not entirely gone.
Parathrsua ( skin sensitivity) In abdominal area, now completely resolved.
Sudden absolutely awful toothache to point of feeling like I might collapse, now almost completely resolved.
Turns out all three are rare but not unheard of reported symptoms of Covid, especially for people that present as asymptomatic. I’m therefore thinking I’ve probably had it.
I thought I was likely to test positive so mainly worked from home and wore a mask when out and about as a precaution so hopefully I haven’t been a secret superspreader.

So my wife and son tested positive and were quite poorly for a week or so, not quite bad flu level but much worse than a standard cold. Reluctant to use those as descriptors but they work.
I never tested positive and haven’t had any classic Covid symptoms but have had three weird sets of symptoms:
Sudden onset tinnitus, now much improved but not entirely gone.
Parathrsua ( skin sensitivity) In abdominal area, now completely resolved.
Sudden absolutely awful toothache to point of feeling like I might collapse, now almost completely resolved.
Turns out all three are rare but not unheard of reported symptoms of Covid, especially for people that present as asymptomatic. I’m therefore thinking I’ve probably had it.
I thought I was likely to test positive so mainly worked from home and wore a mask when out and about as a precaution so hopefully I haven’t been a secret superspreader.
It's bloody everywhere in Canada at the moment - higher than this time last year, and rising. Longer term sickness (2+w), throat blisters and tinnitus are discussed with the new variant(s). Also, new research on Long COVID with multiple infections doesn't look great - repeated cardiovascular damage. Not good :(

That's cos you're a muppet spreading lies.

Last edited:
That's cos you're a muppet spreading lies.

He deserves a ban for posting that shite. Typical tin foil coated liar.

Is loss of taste and smell still a thing with it? I've been ill since Wednesday, cough and head cold mainly but achey and ran down. Woke up this morning and taste and smell have disappeared overnight. Actually feeling a bit better other than that.

Back