Coventry - plane if relegated

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about one of those vans they use at election time with the big advertsisng signs on them? What would that cost. We could get one to drive about coventry with a picture of the chin on it. With a caption like "chin up Jimmy" on it. Better still get 2 and park up outside his house an all.

What about one of those vans they use at election time with the big advertsisng signs on them? What would that cost. We could get one to drive about coventry with a picture of the chin on it. With a caption like "chin up Jimmy" on it. Better still get 2 and park up outside his house an all.

Yeah and we can get Robocop to drive it 'cos it won't be me :lol:

I'm hardly gonna fuck off when I'm witnessing the hatching of a plot that, even if successful, will make the perpetrators look like a bunch of Johnny-come-latelys who are copying the Blackpool stunt because they couldn't think of anything original.

Oh, and if this wheeze does come off, I suggest a very thorough proof-read before take-off. A spelling mistake would have half the nation pissing themselves for a week and it would top the chart on these FAIL TV shows for years to come.

Then there's the Civil Aviation Authority to contend with. They launched an investigation after the Blackpool stunt.

All in all this could go heavily tits-up. Carry on.

Not sure if this has already been said. But Ill say it again......

Fuck off mag ****.

Jimmy Hill is a wanker of the highest order. Let us have our witch hunt in peace.

Yeah and we can get Robocop to drive it 'cos it won't be me :lol:

Aye but the driver probabaly comes with the van. If we had a picture of jimmy Hill on it, with a chin up Jimmy slogan on, he probably wouldnt realise any significance to Coventry.:lol: I bet half of coventry wouldnt even realise who Jimmy Hill is.
I reckon it could be done.

Which proves beyond any doubt that you should not erect memorial statues to the living.

It just feeds their over inflated ego with delusions of grandeur.

It air brushes over the truth of any negative impact they had.

Such as the Holy Grail of finally achieving top tier stability that was cruelly snatched away from Coventry supporters after so many years when that talented young team of Dave Sexton was sold off in 1981.

Dave Sexton himself was sacked because he objected to the transfer policy of selling them and the club has never really recovered from that.

Jimmy Hill is not the stuff that heroes are made of.

His real love was never Coventry City it has always been his beloved Fulham.

Even if you remember what he did achieve as manager in the 60s when he took them up through the divisions with an attacking style that scored many goals and caught the eye of the nation, earning great respect.

In 1967 when they needed his most in division one he walked out unexpectedly and left them in the shit and nobody to this day knows why.

The pose of the statue should have been of a man walking away.

And all the respect they had earned walked with him in the end after he had eventually returned.

Perhaps the inscription should read...

Where there is hope led me sow despair.....

......for friend and foe alike

Which proves beyond any doubt that you should not erect memorial statues to the living.

It just feeds their over inflated ego with delusions of grandeur.

Excellent post and you're spot on with this observation.

What if Jimmy Hill, on his deathbed, says,

"Yes, I cheated and everyone at the club was in on it, we had a pre-match agreement, with Bristol City, to engineer the score if we had the chance."

Do they chop the head & hands off and replace them with a sickly grin head and hairy hands :neutral:

Excellent post and you're spot on with this observation.

What if Jimmy Hill, on his deathbed, says,

"Yes, I cheated and everyone at the club was in on it, we had a pre-match agreement, with Bristol City, to engineer the score if we had the chance."

Do they chop the head & hands off and replace them with a sickly grin head and hairy hands :neutral:

I suppose they could go Art Deco and add a few of these around the base.

Logon or register to see this image

Pointless getting a plane as the stadium is usually empty anyway.

Better off flying over the dole office.

I'd normally respond to a crack like that with a brief 'fuck off' but you're a decent lad so I'll explain what I meant.

The 10,000 Sunderland people, who were there that night, suffered a night of torture.

We suffered the pathetic 'Scouse humour' from the stadium announcer who treat the whole thing as a joke and broadcast the wrong score. As a result people laughed, cried and some danced on the pitch.

After the match we had to suffer mockery from the Everton fans, outside the ground, but as a few will confirm they were made to pay.

We suffered a long dark journey home while waiting for the BBC news to come on the car radio as we still weren't 100% certain ........... no mobiles in those days.

I'm sure it was bad for Sunderland fans sitting at home watching the telly but, as anyone will confirm, it was a night of hell at Goodison and something that left a terrible memory.

After reading a load of shit on here I am in the Riviera camp on this.

I was not at Everton cos on night shift and what a fooking start it was to the shift. Gutted to say the least all night, coudnt fooking sleep!!!
Also was at Wimbledon as I was living in Middx at the time and due to move back to Durham in July that year. Absolutely fooking gutted and stotting when I heard what them twats had done again. Eventuially got home and was locked out!!! Wor lass and the 2 daughters found me on the steps in fooking tears. This was after visiting the new stadium a couple of times as it was being built with such pride and so looking forward to a new season in the top flight.

I hope Coventry finish up fooked and Jimmy Hill is a kernt!!!!!! In fact I will say it was this useless fooker who has caused all the problems with money in the game now!!!

May have missed something :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back