Coventry and Rotherham likely to be promoted automatically, 4 team playoffs with Pompey ,Oxford United, Fleetwood and Wycombe likely - Portsmouth News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too many draws,abysmal performances from our team and referees.
The referee's chief apologised for the penalty v Fleetwood and the disallowed goal v Bolton.
Missing out by one point.:lol:
The majority of the clubs will obviously put their own financial interests first, they won't want to lose the money from a game against us.

Hit them where it hurts next season and boycott the teams that have been arseholes about it, hit them financially, no spending money n their grounds... i know it doesnt solve anything, i'm just taking my frustration out on a piss poor season of poor ownership out on anyone :)

I understand why Rotherham and Coventry want the season decided on PPG so they go up. I can also understand why the smaller (in terms of budget) don't want the season to restart as they can't afford the testing etc. What I don't understand why the likes of the Accrington chairman is so against this 8 team playoff idea. His team wouldn't be involved so it wouldn't impact on him in the slightest!

Not guaranteed to win them though, nor are we but when its so close I can't believe we can just say ah right fair enough we were never gonna catch anyone anyway, and people twist about player negativity and weak minds.
Literally every team ahead has a game in hand no doubt some against each other

needs to find some end product an for attacking midfielder. barely any goals or assists
Yes. Just a few goals and a few assists. He has been unlucky at times though. Think he will improve with experience.
So its totally impossible for us to catch second then I guess with our 8 games left.
Silly me, we should have just conceded months ago.
Not impossible. But you would have to improve a lot. Where would the goals come from? We sat back for the while game and you hardly caused us a problem.

It is as if you could manage a win you would go 2nd. But what about all the other results?

Last edited:
Yes. Just a few goals and a few assists. He has been unlucky at times though. Think he will improve with experience.

Not impossible. But you would have to improve a lot. Where would the goals come from? We sat back for the while game and you hardly caused us a problem.

It is as if you could manage a win you would go 2nd. But what about all the other results?
I think a lot of Safc fans me included know we've been shite the best part of all season and yet we still find ourselves well in the mix for an automatic spot worthy or not.. There is no teams to be over confident about playing and at the same time nobody to be worried about either... Well up for grabs

For the record, I think the unweighted table would look like this:

1. Coventry.
2. Rotherham.
3. Wycombe.
4. Oxford.
5. Portsmouth.
6. Fleetwood.
7. Peterborough.
8. Sunderland.

For what's it worth, I think the only heroes in all of this are Oxford. They have shown great generosity in the discussions, given that they have something to lose.
Wycombe third? Even their own fans thought they would be lucky to get the playoffs. And that was BEFORE we thrashed them. Awful side.

Reactions: Boo

Its 3 points.
With 8 games to play.
Have seen plenty teams pick up points and others fall away over the years, I mean we've been involved in a few end of season good runs ourselves before!
I'm not saying we def would but with 24 points to play for its ridiculous to think we definitely couldn't.

We blew up massively last year after looking odds on for automatic promotion with games in hand, therefore improving a lot to grab second spot is simply the other side of that coin

Realistically I don’t think we would go up but the fact is no one knows, no one deserves promotion, relegation, play offs, prize money based on current places as the requisite number of games to conclude the league have not yet been played.

There isn’t a fair way that will please everyone and if they determine you lot go up then fair enough well done for getting yourselves into that position.

Every argument is flawed and everybody is coming from a self serving angle.

Pretty shit for every club still with something to play for and litigation all over the shop

I understand why Rotherham and Coventry want the season decided on PPG so they go up. I can also understand why the smaller (in terms of budget) don't want the season to restart as they can't afford the testing etc. What I don't understand why the likes of the Accrington chairman is so against this 8 team playoff idea. His team wouldn't be involved so it wouldn't impact on him in the slightest!

The Accrington Chairman is a gobshite. He always appears to be letting his mouth go at something.
Its 3 points.
With 8 games to play.
Have seen plenty teams pick up points and others fall away over the years, I mean we've been involved in a few end of season good runs ourselves before!
I'm not saying we def would but with 24 points to play for its ridiculous to think we definitely couldn't.

It's also at least a game less (two in some cases) than others with a poorer goal difference

Its 3 points.
With 8 games to play.
Depends what scenario we are talking about. Some make out you have a good chance of going past the top side.

How about it being decided with weighting towards the last 6 or 10 games each side played?

Of course, this is the most annoying possible outcome for your fans. Cov promoted, 3 teams you hate in the playoffs. This board will be great when the final is Pompey vs Fleetwood and your lot have to pick a side between us and Joey Barton
You're both just irrelavant as eachother fella :lol: :lol: Fleetwood are a smaller club than you, but you are still a small club. The only thing worth talking about when it comes to Portsmouth football club is your scum fans. Weve nout against Fleetwood, just their gaffer as he's a mag. No one likes portsmouth cos you are vile and scummy. Simple as

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back