Covent Garden 30th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are discussing and making plans on the off chance we get there. Have you not considered for 1 second if you'll stay over, travel on the day, cost of tickets etc.. I'm sure Bristol rovers fans are doing exactly the same thing, its common sense to at least consider the options in case we do get there .

Aye I've already booked a hotel. It's just coming across that we are assuming we are already there. Hardly any talk of the actual semi final match

Not sure what the general feeling would even be on the day. Whether we’d be able to really get up for the match or not. I think it’s end up being more an excuse for a London piss up than a trip to see the match, unlike the City game which was all about the match.

Aye I've already booked a hotel. It's just coming across that we are assuming we are already there. Hardly any talk of the actual semi final match
Thats cause most people will be watching it either in the local or at home. Doesnt take much planning or expense compared to a trip to wembley. For the semi ill spend about 20 quid and be home 20 mins after the final whistle.

Doesn't matter what the fans think/assume/dream, as long as the players are professional, they need focus on the next match which is Plymouth on Saturday then on to Bristol, hopefully Ross will keep the focussed.

Can't decide whether to go down on saturday (buying train ticktes now) or wait and just get the coach down. however, getting back was a nightmare on the coach last time.

Thats cause most people will be watching it either in the local or at home. Doesnt take much planning or expense compared to a trip to wembley. For the semi ill spend about 20 quid and be home 20 mins after the final whistle.

I’m going to the semi final and I booked travel/hotel for the final in January. I can have a class long weekend in London either way and it’s cost buttons.

This my my thinking if we got there, are we likely to flood London for a Saturday night takeover or will people just not be quite up for it and just travel on the day... my only regret for the league cup final was missing Covent Garden on the night

I'm in the capital for the week with work so travelling down already early Sunday morning - if we beat Rovers then I'll be there like.

Last edited:
This my my thinking if we got there, are we likely to flood London for a Saturday night takeover or will people just not be quite up for it and just travel on the day... my only regret for the league cup final was missing Covent Garden on the night
Mine was losing. ;)

My only problem is that it my mam's birthday on the Saturday (and Mother's Day on the Sunday) and I promised her months ago that I would come up to the NE for the weekend. Ive now told her that there's a chance that I won't be able to make it but I hope she understands. My dad, if he was still with us, would have been sure to tell me that going to the match was far more important than her birthday!

I've been to old and new Wembley several times (including West Auckland twice) but never to see SAFC. I was 9 months old in 73, a skint student in 92 and I can't remember what my excuse was for the League Cup final.

My only problem is that it my mam's birthday on the Saturday (and Mother's Day on the Sunday) and I promised her months ago that I would come up to the NE for the weekend. Ive now told her that there's a chance that I won't be able to make it but I hope she understands. My dad, if he was still with us, would have been sure to tell me that going to the match was far more important than her birthday!

I've been to old and new Wembley several times (including West Auckland twice) but never to see SAFC. I was 9 months old in 73, a skint student in 92 and I can't remember what my excuse was for the League Cup final.
I don't know how you can look in the mirror mate. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back