Cov Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 2019, I thought you were finding proof that we were threatening to smash it up before the game last season where your idiots acted up?
No. You was mouthing off again. Put it in a search as you said nobody had ever said such a thing. That was on first one I clicked on. Not bad as you say nobody has ever said such a thing.

No. You was mouthing off again. Put it in a search as you said nobody had ever said such a thing. That was on first one I clicked on. Not bad as you say nobody has ever said such a thing.
After the hell on during both games last season. Your post proved nowt.

Your post from earlier in this thread:

"Look at how some of your supporters talk about us. Lots were saying what they were going to do to our memorial garden. Yes it brought out some of our knuckle draggers. But that would be like finding the worse of the Sunderland support and making out you are all like it so deserve what you get. "

I've emboldened the part you should look to prove with a link. I'm aware people might have mocked you for claiming we were threatening to smash it up, which is what your link was.

Also "you was mouthing off again." You gangsta bruv?

Been goin on for years.

Do you need more?
Is that right? Yeah OK.

Been goin on for years.

Do you need more?
Is that right? Yeah OK.

Not sure if you're trying to back up your point or argue against it with that post. The thread you quoted shortly before the game last season is basically a thread full of people laughing off the suggestion.

@Astute Fair play you seem to have linked to the origin of the memorial garden attack.

Which links to this

Which proves that the threat was bollocks made up at the Coventry end, even Cov fans are mocking the source in that thread. Including somebody called "astute" suggesting it's bollocks.

Now let me be clear, I'm not saying we haven't took the piss out of you, but your memorial garden was never threatened.

Now let me be clear, I'm not saying we haven't took the piss out of you, but your memorial garden was never threatened.

I (like others) never felt there was a real threat of it, but it probably wasn't helped by the fact that the garden was boarded up before kick off, which just added grist to the mill (love that phrase). Anyway,it's just a match (albeit an important one) and I'm sure fans will holler across the terraces at each other on the day, but that's just because we love our respective teams. As an aside, what a ridiculous kick off time for you lot to have to set off at. SKY couldn't give two hoots about fans.

I (like others) never felt there was a real threat of it, but it probably wasn't helped by the fact that the garden was boarded up before kick off, which just added grist to the mill (love that phrase). Anyway,it's just a match (albeit an important one) and I'm sure fans will holler across the terraces at each other on the day, but that's just because we love our respective teams. As an aside, what a ridiculous kick off time for you lot to have to set off at. SKY couldn't give two hoots about fans.

Aye, I like a bit of tribalism myself, as long as it goes no further than the aforementioned hollering. It is a shite kick off time, there's a chance we won't sell out because of it. Personally the move to Sunday means I can make it down, but it's not gonna help the atmosphere.

It's just a myth that will become legend to some. A bit like when Jimmy Hill was stood near our fans down Fulham and he was nearly murdered by 10,000 screamimg Mackems.

Truth is there was just a bit of chanting ;)

I'm a Cov fan but Astute, please shut up and go back to sky blues talk. You seem to be trying to prove a point with every post you make. These boys already know we're a decent team and it'll be a tough game (for both sides!).
As a Cov fan, can you give any advice on parking for the game on 1 March bud

Understand your point, and was at The Ricoh for that game - idiots who threw stuff need locking up. Can't condone anyone attacking anyone (but said idiot is unlikely to get a round in). The twits haven't followed us to St Andrew's (do, occasionally. to away games) and I am 100% confident that there will be no trouble from our side for the home game - hasn't happened once in the approx 16 'home' games (apart from a handful of Blackpool youth and (a lot of) Blues' 'Zulus). Nobody need be wary, and wouldn't like to think of any Sunderland fan not coming because they thought there might be issues
Not many SAFC fans would stay away even if their was a threat issue - We can certainly look after are self and we have sold out many worse high risk away venues

Understand your point, and was at The Ricoh for that game - idiots who threw stuff need locking up. Can't condone anyone attacking anyone (but said idiot is unlikely to get a round in). The twits haven't followed us to St Andrew's (do, occasionally. to away games) and I am 100% confident that there will be no trouble from our side for the home game - hasn't happened once in the approx 16 'home' games (apart from a handful of Blackpool youth and (a lot of) Blues' 'Zulus). Nobody need be wary, and wouldn't like to think of any Sunderland fan not coming because they thought there might be issues
The Taverners are travelling

I'm going to talk to my BiL who is a birmingham ST holder and find out where he parks for home games. Failing that, I'm going to head for Birmingham Wheels Park, Adderley Road South. Supposed to be about half a mile from the ground and £5.

They ve literally just closed it in the past week. Pisstake. Most of our fans used it.

Going to be a delightful day. I have nothing more than 2 glasses of lemonade before the game and a polite round of applause planned when we go 1-0 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back