Cov Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

you said hardly a mention till recent years. all the people i go to the games with know about it and despise coventry because of it and have done since it happened. you're attempting to say it's a recent thing which it's not. it might have been given more media attention due to the internet but that doesn't mean it hasn't been there all the time.

didn't the threats originate from their forums anyway? i'm sure some detective work was done from someone on here that proved it.

Aye. Even the Cov forum fans back then thought it was bullshit. Didn't stop their idiots from believing it though.

And as usual linked you countless amounts a week ago. Then you make your you don't have a clue about what happened before.

Not once did you link to anybody threatening the Jimmy Hill statue or the garden thing prior to the game. The only place it was seen was on your forum as I've linked above.

Last edited:
As i have said countless times before I will never defend the so called Coventry supporters who are our knuckle dragger section. But it is OK on here to continue to inflame matters that meant hardly anything until recent years.

There is your answer you will ignore as usual.
It’s an Internet forum mate, what would you like me to do about it? If you are so precious you don’t like being called a cheat I suggest you log off.

If you weren’t on here most of the discussion would have mainly been on places to park and drink. There would have been the odd post slagging you off but you being here certainly makes it worse.

I don’t know what kicks you get about being on another clubs forum, some fellas come on to be helpful re our visits other engage in good banter, you do neither which suggests you are a WUM or have other issues.

I came on here to hopefully reduce some of the animosity that exists between our supporters, I can’t change what happened at a game over 40 years ago and I don’t expect you to forget but please move on and leave it in the past, it was a football match.
Coventry City centre was largely destroyed by the German Luftwaffe with many people killed yet we as a City have moved on, we don’t forget but we have forgiven. Probably an extreme comparison but hope that I’ve made a point. Won’t be making any more posts, good luck for the rest of the season, after Sunday of course.

Have done several times before. Paying money not allowed or playing an ineligible player.

But that is OK even though Sunderland should have been docked at least 3 points that would have made them relegated. Does the side that went down instead keep going on about Sunderland being cheats? No. They took it on the chin. And this is my point. Something that happened nearly 50 years ago is like it was last season.

So you don't know much about the recent history of your own club.

So if you and Rotherham were drawing 1-1 with 10 minutes to go and needed a point to get promoted would you be screaming at your players.to go forward? Would you consider yourselves cheats if you didn't want to risk losing? Would it be different to what happened nearly 50 years ago?

What happened doesn't bother me in any way. There never has been anything I could do about it. Just the same as all us supporters. Just like there is nothing you could do if you and Rotherham played out a draw in the last game of the season. It would be gamesmanship not cheating.
And what if we delay the game and then flash up the other score on the score board, massive difference, you did it again years later at Spurs also when we played Wimbledon. Massive difference.

Cheers - can already check in online so would only need to leave enough time to get through security and get to the gate..

I'm half thinking it's more sensible to leave 15 mins early and get a taxi back into New Street to get a 10 minute train - avoids traffic
We'll be 5-0 up by then anyway

Perspective?

Look at how some of your supporters talk about us. Lots were saying what they were going to do to our memorial garden. Yes it brought out some of our knuckle draggers. But that would be like finding the worse of the Sunderland support and making out you are all like it so deserve what you get.

That is perspective.
Why don’t you fuck off the board you complete tarte tartin

And what if we delay the game and then flash up the other score on the score board, massive difference, you did it again years later at Spurs also when we played Wimbledon. Massive difference.
And then I come back when I am 127 years old moaning about it and making excuses about my club breaking financial rules and playing ineligible players.

Sounds a good deal that.

A few will be in Cricketers arms pub on little green lane Saturday night and a lots heading there before kick off Sunday it’s the place to head and only about a 5 minute walk from the away end of the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back