Couples who don’t have kids.

Mind, that implies that having kids is expected.
Why is it expected? It's something I've always pondered.
That's pretty deep philosophy.

I don't know or don't know if anything is expected. It's nature, we are animals but animals that have elevated ourselves to a unique position.

I suppose like all animals our expectation is to procreate but I don't see owt wrong with enjoying just another persons' company either. Humans have rewritten the rule book on te meaning of life and what is expected from life.

That's pretty deep philosophy.

I don't know or don't know if anything is expected. It's nature, we are animals but animals that have elevated ourselves to a unique position.

I suppose like all animals our expectation is to procreate but I don't see owt wrong with enjoying just another persons' company either. Humans have rewritten the rule book on te meaning of life and what is expected from life.
Delightfully put, thank you for that.

There you go.

Why can't you accept that it's the "biggest joy in YOUR LIFE", but not everyones.

You have absolutely no idea what joy other people experience in their lives from different things.

I'm happy for you, and the joy it brings you, but that's your experience, not everyone elses.

It is arrogant in the extreme to believe that no one gets that same joy from anything else.
Claim down mate just said it’s my biggest joy!

If others have other similar joys from other things which they will then great!

Nobody said others don’t get the same joy from other things you blowing what I said all out of proportion

Last edited:
We've all came from someone who has had a kid, we've all got that in common. Like with a lot of lot of things there's a pressure to do the same. But you are right, why should it be expected.
You're right there, aye.
I do feel a certain pressure but then I think it's just to carry on the family name or somesuch? It seems like a hollow reason for bringing a life into the world. :lol:

You're right there, aye.
I do feel a certain pressure but then I think it's just to carry on the family name or somesuch? It seems like a hollow reason for bringing a life into the world. :lol:
I agree. I feel the same about marriage that's why I haven't bothered with that. I went into a completely different line of work to previous generations of my family as well. People should do what's right for them and not what society or even their family expects.

I agree. I feel the same about marriage that's why I haven't bothered with that. I went into a completely different line of work to previous generations of my family as well. People should do what's right for them and not what society or even their family expects.
Whey exactly, chief.

Let’s get down to business here shall we and look at it as it actually is on an animalistic basis as that’s what we are animals.

If a woman doesn’t want kids at any stage of her life then it’s rather peculiar don’t you think?Hormones not right or something.It’s in there DNA to carry bairns and look after them ,just as it’s in blokes to stick their Chucky in owt with a frock on.
Human beings have evolved - well, most that I know have - from their earliest incarnations.

Encountering and experiencing what life has to offer apart from rearing kids might have just turned their heads and made them think “that’s not for me”.

Claim down mate just said it’s my biggest joy!

If others have other similar joys from other things which they will then great!

Nobody said others don’t get the same joy from other things you blowing what I said all out of proportion
You didn't mate.
You said "THE biggest joy in life bar none.", not yours.
Big difference marra.
If youd said it was yours, I wouldnt have even replied mate

Last edited:
Perfectly normal and natural to have kids. Most people have them afterall & it’s what we were put on the planet to do. Doesnt suprise me one bit a hell of a lot of the SMB are without child tbh. Just an observation.

Back