County Radio Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

He uses a fuckload of words and analogies to say next to fuckall in actual fact. Did he even have a point? Clearly the two blokes in the audience who applauded thought he did, but I’ve watched it four times now and still fail to see what he’s saying.

Not sure why you’ve shared this, unless it’s to highlight how out of touch he is. Anyone with a basic grasp of the internet knows how to watch the BBC abroad.

He also completely ignores the fact put to him that Netflix is in millions of dollars worth of debt.

He uses a fuckload of words and analogies to say next to fuckall in actual fact. Did he even have a point? Clearly the two blokes in the audience who applauded thought he did, but I’ve watched it four times now and still fail to see what he’s saying.

Not sure why you’ve shared this, unless it’s to highlight how out of touch he is. Anyone with a basic grasp of the internet knows how to watch the BBC abroad.

He also completely ignores the fact put to him that Netflix is in millions of dollars worth of debt.
I think he raises some good points to be honest. Fair play for the BBC allowing the question made as the crowd winced at the question. Bruce clearly wasn't comfortable with it either. It's a debate which will rumble on

Got to laugh at you boys, blaming the Tories for cutting county cricket coverage before it even happens. The ECB and the BBC are both outdated dinosaurs. No disrespect to Marty, but the coverage of Durham games is pretty low budget, and amateurish. There is no reason at all why games couldn't be screened like SAFC matches ok there is a cost involved but it isn't astronomical, and this could be offset by on screen advertising. It would also benefit the clubs as they would be able to tap their sponsors and advertisers for extra cash for boundary advertising etc.

I think he raises some good points to be honest. Fair play for the BBC allowing the question made as the crowd winced at the question. Bruce clearly wasn't comfortable with it either. It's a debate which will rumble on

Which points were they?
Got to laugh at you boys, blaming the Tories for cutting county cricket coverage before it even happens. The ECB and the BBC are both outdated dinosaurs. No disrespect to Marty, but the coverage of Durham games is pretty low budget, and amateurish. There is no reason at all why games couldn't be screened like SAFC matches ok there is a cost involved but it isn't astronomical, and this could be offset by on screen advertising. It would also benefit the clubs as they would be able to tap their sponsors and advertisers for extra cash for boundary advertising etc.

The games are already screened live :neutral:

Last edited:

Errr... a Tory paper led last Sunday with the news that Johnson was determined to make the BBC subscription only. In what Universe do you think that Durham commentaries would be economically viable?

FWIW I think Emmerson is tremendous given that he’s often one man stuck in a room for seven hours with only a Yahoo email account for company. Far harder for him than the TMS lot.

And I still think Labour knacked English cricket the most when Blair opened the door for Murdoch to get the TV rights 20 years ago...

Last edited:
Errr... a Tory paper led last Sunday with the news that Johnson was determined to make the BBC subscription only. In what Universe do you think that Durham commentaries would be economically viable?

FWIW I think Emmerson is tremendous given that he’s often one man stuck in a room for seven hours with only a Yahoo email account for company. Far harder for him than the TMS lot.

And I still think Labour knacked English cricket the most when Blair opened the door for Murdoch to get the TV rights 20 years ago...
I reckon all that paper talk is overblown. As it was last time the BBC came up for review.

They may pressure it a bit so that they cut down on content that can be got elsewhere but I'd guess the public service aspect will continue.

They can scrap Eastenders straight-away for my money.

n what Universe do you think that Durham commentaries would be economically viable?
Not talking megabucks at all. EFL division 2 sides screen live games to subscribers,Radio Scumcastle already have a bloke with a microphone covering the game, and the matches are already"videoed" Could even link action replays onto the scoreboard, improve the game experience for the paying punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back