County Radio Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCountryBoy

Striker
Staff member
One of the first things to go surely if the Tories scrap the BBC license fee.

Possibly coverage of minor England tours too as Talksport obviously think that sending a commentary team to Sri Lanka isn’t commercially viable.

Would be a shame to get rid of it but time will tell. The BBC needs a massive overhaul

No it doesn't. Its fine.

People need to be very careful what they wish for here as the Tories intend to do away with it because its the only part of the media that is not currently up their arse.

Take a loom at the USA and see the state of their TV and radio to see where this could take us.

No it doesn't. Its fine.

People need to be very careful what they wish for here as the Tories intend to do away with it because its the only part of the media that is not currently up their arse.

Take a loom at the USA and see the state of their TV and radio to see where this could take us.

Unfortunately I think the BBC is gone. The Tories are talking about it to test the waters (and winning) and I don’t see much of a defence for the Beeb. Most people talking about how little they use/need it and how things like Netflix and Amazon Prime prove that television is changing.

You’re right with your sentiment though, the only reason they want rid is because of its ‘independence’. They’d rather have a media where only the likes of Sky and The Daily Heil give ‘news’ and events.

People need to be very careful.

Unfortunately I think the BBC is gone. The Tories are talking about it to test the waters (and winning) and I don’t see much of a defence for the Beeb. Most people talking about how little they use/need it and how things like Netflix and Amazon Prime prove that television is changing.

You’re right with your sentiment though, the only reason they want rid is because of its ‘independence’. They’d rather have a media where only the likes of Sky and The Daily Heil give ‘news’ and events.

People need to be very careful.
Personally I felt the Beeb was even more pro-Tory than Sky, the Sun etc in the last year. Their constantly edited footage to show Johnson in a good light (the reef), or Corbyn in a bad light (Kremlin background) etc was farcical.
Kuennsberg could scarcely contain her glee at the result.

If the Beeb dies, fuck it. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back