County Cricket 2024

Be nice if the ECB could come to some agreement that if Potts or Carse have to be rested that’ll coincide with any games woody is allowed to play.

I won’t hold my breath
Was more that Carse will play 1-5 and miss 6 same as Brook.

No reason Potts can't play our first 8 games.

Wood will be kept in cotton wool for T20s.

Last edited:
I see Lyon isn’t going to be at Lancs for the full season anymore. Only available for the first 7 games at the demands of CA. I’d be fuming if I was a Lancs fan and have that pulled now.

I see Lyon isn’t going to be at Lancs for the full season anymore. Only available for the first 7 games at the demands of CA. I’d be fuming if I was a Lancs fan and have that pulled now.

We’ll see him for Game 7 at Blackpool. Hopefully they cut another week off :lol:

For those who enjoy cricket content, there’s a good interview on the latest Wisden Cricket Weekly podcast with Keaton Jennings, he talks about his winter, his prep for the season, the county game in general and makes some good references to his time at Durham.

They also talk up Matty Potts’ chances for the season.

We’ll see him for Game 7 at Blackpool. Hopefully they cut another week off :lol:

For those who enjoy cricket content, there’s a good interview on the latest Wisden Cricket Weekly podcast with Keaton Jennings, he talks about his winter, his prep for the season, the county game in general and makes some good references to his time at Durham.

They also talk up Matty Potts’ chances for the season.

Matty Potts should have been in the England side in the Ashes and certainly first back up in India.

Everyone talks about the batting, but its generally worked, but Stokes has been too stubborn in picking Broad, Jimmy and then Robinson every game for me. They've been desperate for a seamer who can do the donkey work. Jimmy hardly actually bowls sometimes when he plays.

The latest ‘Following On Cricket Podcast’ from Talksport starts with an interview with Micky Arthur, who does a cracking job of defending the honour of county cricket and is well worth a listen.

There’s also an interview with Leesy about his winter and Durham’s summer.

Last edited:
Ive seen him at the one Gym at Thinford a couple of times, i thought he looked like he'd ejoyed the winter a little too much, at least he was doing something about it

Must be living at Spennymoor, perhaps in the new estate near the council offices. Mind given he was in India for 6 weeks or so with the Lions I expect his pre-season will have been fairly decent.

Just arrived at Trent Bridge. Free entry into the pavilion too. I’ve just had a walk around with a lager looking at all the old pictures and bats. Absolutely fabulous.

I’ve got my SAFC hat on too. :D

Be nice if the ECB could come to some agreement that if Potts or Carse have to be rested that’ll coincide with any games woody is allowed to play.

I won’t hold my breath

Can see why Carse is seen as an international bowler, but he is not as vital as Potts for us.

Potts should be opening the bowling for England for me
My favourite away ground that. Lovely place.

Yeah its amazing.

Can see why Carse is seen as an international bowler, but he is not as vital as Potts for us.

Yeah its amazing.

It should be 2 from him, Jimmy and Woakes and given the fixtures this summer it’s an idea opportunity to back and blood Potts. Robinson could still come back in as well but by the sounds of it he’s on thin ice fitness wise now

Last edited:

Yeah its amazing.
Different formats I'm sure we will see Potts play against the West Indies and Sri Lanka.

Potts shouldn't be in the white ball sides and hope he isn't as we'd then lose both in September for Aussie ODI's.

It should be 2 from him, Jimmy and Woakes and given the fixtures this summer it’s an idea opportunity to back and blood Potts. Robinson could still come back in as well but by the sounds of it he’s on thin ice fitness wise now

Woakes is good in England but so short termist

Jimmy is also playing too much

He actually doesn’t bowl much in a days play. It’s hurting the team. We need seamers who can come back late in the day and bowl hard

Back