County Cricket 2024

As I alluded to elsewhere, I’m not at all ready for the season ahead - I just hope the players are!

I imagine by the middle of next week I’ll be absorbing as much as I can from the usual media outlets with both written and podcast content regarding the upcoming season. I note that there’s a lot of positive things being said already about our chances from the socials, it’s bloody good to be back amongst the conversation in and around the top table.

Interestingly we’re 16/1 to win the title, that’s 8th favourite. Only Kent and Worcestershire are a bigger price, I’m very much contemplating a dabble, because whilst I guard my own expectations against the fact that it’ll be a much different ball game this year versus last, we’re on an upward trajectory as a club while a lot of teams already in there are quite possibly on their way down. For many atleast I think they’ve probably entered a period of rebuilding. So, 16/1 constitutes very good value in my opinion.

As I alluded to elsewhere, I’m not at all ready for the season ahead - I just hope the players are!

I imagine by the middle of next week I’ll be absorbing as much as I can from the usual media outlets with both written and podcast content regarding the upcoming season. I note that there’s a lot of positive things being said already about our chances from the socials, it’s bloody good to be back amongst the conversation in and around the top table.

Interestingly we’re 16/1 to win the title, that’s 8th favourite. Only Kent and Worcestershire are a bigger price, I’m very much contemplating a dabble, because whilst I guard my own expectations against the fact that it’ll be a much different ball game this year versus last, we’re on an upward trajectory as a club while a lot of teams already in there are quite possibly on their way down. For many atleast I think they’ve probably entered a period of rebuilding. So, 16/1 constitutes very good value in my opinion.
I had a wager a couple of weeks ago on Durham to win the championship at 20/1. Took it each way as a certain Irish bookmaker was offering 20/1 and 1/5th of the odds for a top 3 finish.

I had a wager a couple of weeks ago on Durham to win the championship at 20/1. Took it each way as a certain Irish bookmaker was offering 20/1 and 1/5th of the odds for a top 3 finish.

Yeah, I’ve seen a few books offering 20/1 (Unibet, Boyles, MGM) but I’ve heard horror stories about them not paying out on even small wins. Given I’m prepared to get the absolute LOT on I’ll probably take a lower price with a more reputable bookmaker :lol:

Back