County Cricket 2024

Hartley and Ahmed both dropped by their counties for this round of fixtures. So much for increasing the amount of kookaburra ball games to assist young English spinners
Well Hartley was always going to struggle to play with Lyon there. He was second choice behind Morley last season anyway.

Ahmed will have been rested by the ECB as Trevaskis is playing instead. Ollie Robinson appears to have been rested by the ECB for Sussez

Well Hartley was always going to struggle to play with Lyon there. He was second choice behind Morley last season anyway.

Ahmed will have been rested by the ECB as Trevaskis is playing instead. Ollie Robinson appears to have been rested by the ECB for Sussez
I understand being careful with the workload of Robinson due to his injury issues but it's a joke if the ECB have decided to 'rest' Ahmed, he only bowled 5 overs in the whole game last week!

I understand being careful with the workload of Robinson due to his injury issues but it's a joke if the ECB have decided to 'rest' Ahmed, he only bowled 5 overs in the whole game last week!
He's 19 and played a shed-load of cricket in the past 2 years. Not a case of just last week.

They stopped him putting his name in for the IPL to managed his workload

Last edited:

Ahmed is off on that religious thing ain’t it

He shouldn’t be close to playing in England in home tests for me.

Was at day 1 of Surrey vs Somerset yesterday and it was bizarre. Somerset absolutely cruising on 196-1 until a run out initiated by Lammonby on 99. 45 mins later it was 216-8!

Good crowd at the Oval too. Almost like staging games on Fri - Mon may attract fans to attend.

Back