County Cricket 2024

@mackembhoy butcher talking your man up for England if Jimmy goes on the wisdom pod
I've never seen him bowl live in red ball! Just clips on twitter.

His fans have been going on about him for a number of years, just like we did Rushy. So feel worth a look like we all thought Rushy was due a go.(time on Cook side a plus whereas it wasn't for Rushy)

Both probably would have played for England if they could bat despite their speeds(wrong as that is but it's gotten people the nod for as long as I can remember)

Onions missed out on more caps cos of it for sure.

Last edited:
I've never seen him bowl live in red ball! Just clips on twitter.

His fans have been going on about him for a number of years, just like we did Rushy. So feel worth a look like we all thought Rushy was due a go.(time on Cook side a plus whereas it wasn't for Rushy)

Both probably would have played for England if they could bat despite their speeds(wrong as that is but it's gotten people the nod for as long as I can remember)

Onions missed out on more caps cos of it for sure.

Aye they picked Bresnan over Onions essentially, who was good like. Tinhat on by I always thought Broad being just nailed on every game at times was not the right call, Onions at his height was a better bowler at home.

Butch was basically saying he can't play while Jimmy is there, but could be worth ago after.

Jimmy is the elephant in the room, I love the bloke, but IMO he has played too much in the last 18 months, and I think the results show. No idea how he got picked for 4 ashes tests, big reason we did not win the series for me.

Philander bowled out Aussies on flat wickets in Australia like, so you don't always need pace.

So many bowlers about ain't there. My own view its a big big mistake just pickin Jimmy and Woakes every test at home against Windies and Sri Lanka, this is a great opportunity to try something for the future.

@MustardAndOnions Somerset replace their 3 frontline bowlers.

Bashir,Overton and Pretorious come in for Ball, Davey and Leonard

Begs the question why they couldn't play Bashir last week, if they have such little faith in them!
Aye they picked Bresnan over Onions essentially, who was good like. Tinhat on by I always thought Broad being just nailed on every game at times was not the right call, Onions at his height was a better bowler at home.

Butch was basically saying he can't play while Jimmy is there, but could be worth ago after.

Jimmy is the elephant in the room, I love the bloke, but IMO he has played too much in the last 18 months, and I think the results show. No idea how he got picked for 4 ashes tests, big reason we did not win the series for me.

Philander bowled out Aussies on flat wickets in Australia like, so you don't always need pace.

So many bowlers about ain't there. My own view its a big big mistake just pickin Jimmy and Woakes every test at home against Windies and Sri Lanka, this is a great opportunity to try something for the future.
No arguments with any of that really.

My only point would be it is elite sport and if they think Jimmy/Woakes deserve to play.

Then at the same time it's a fair enough decision, even if we need to have one eye on future.

Last edited:
Hartley and Ahmed both dropped by their counties for this round of fixtures. So much for increasing the amount of kookaburra ball games to assist young English spinners

Back