County Cricket 2023

I'm a great believer in natural justice, so if the ECB won't mete out the appropriate punishments, then I'm hoping that natural justice will do it for them, despite the spineless prevarications from the guardians of the game

Therefore I'm hoping that Kent win the battle of the one-pointer this week and send Middlesex down to where the ECB should have sent them if they had a pair

Liam Dawson has surely got himself on the flight to India. Just picked up another fifer.

How he's performed England definitely missed a trick not having him replace Leach in the Ashes.

With the ball

MatInnsBallsOversMdnsRunsWktsBBIAveEconSR45
14*171789298.164927456/4020.603.1039.7524

With the bat

MatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR1005004s6s
14*21180614140.30144155.93341974

Last edited:
He took 7fer in the one day SF, followed that up with a 50 in the final, a couple of hundreds in his last two CC matches along with 12 wickets and he's in the wickets again in this match. That's a lot of runs and wickets just in the last 4 weeks. England must be sitting up and taking notice, surely?

edit: 5fer in this innings

He took 7fer in the one day SF, followed that up with a 50 in the final, a couple of hundreds in his last two CC matches along with 12 wickets and he's in the wickets again in this match. That's a lot of runs and wickets just in the last 4 weeks. England must be sitting up and taking notice, surely?

edit: 5fer in this innings
Above just his CC stats this season, which for a test call up for India is surely a no brainer pick.

He's top of PCA MVP charts(which I think decides POTY) and takes into account all 3 formats performances

I think Dawson has an excellent chance of picking up the POTY award

I see Brett Hutton picked up another 5fer today to keep him ahead of Ben Raine in the top wicket taker race

61 Harmer
60 Hutton
58 Raine

Yes but they are signing bowlers Josh Tongue and Dillon Pennington as well as batsman Jack Haynes from Worcestershire.

F*cking ridiculous that, it’s high time the ECB introduced fines for clubs that don’t produce their own. Or at the very least there should be considerable compensation packages for counties who produce cricketers only to see them poached.

Relegation battle between Kent and Middlesex might offer up some interest today.

Points after bonus points finalised
Kent 106
Middlesex 104

Both games likely will end up as draws and Middlesex down. But Middlesex potentially in a better place for forcing for the win.

Lancs 41 behind Kent in the third innings but 126/0
Middlesex 8 behind Notts in third innings and 10/0

Lancs lost 4 for 16. Back on for Kent, as Lancs lead only 46

Middlesex lead by 133 with 5 in hand, Robson still there for 78 from 82. So if he stays in they should have a nice lead to have a go at Notts.

Back