County Cricket 2022

Do you declare and go for the win (it seems very unlikely) or let him get to try and break Lara's record and accumulate as many runs as possible?
They are currently third and a win would put them second but surely not a winnable game. So be interesting if they go for personal totals instead.

If he doesget Lara's record will end up the highest FC team score in England too. Highest ever is 903/7 at the Oval England against Australia.

Surprisingly the all time record has two over 1000 runs both in Australia in the 20s

They are currently third and a win would put them second but surely not a winnable game. So be interesting if they go for personal totals instead.

If he doesget Lara's record will end up the highest FC team score in England too. Highest ever is 903/7 at the Oval England against Australia.

Surprisingly the all time record has two over 1000 runs both in Australia in the 20s

They've declared.
I get it from a team point of view and that is obviously the most important thing but if the pitch is as dead as the scores suggest then I'd let them go for it!

They've declared.
I get it from a team point of view and that is obviously the most important thing but if the pitch is as dead as the scores suggest then I'd let them go for it!
To be honest would rather Lara record at both FC and Test never be beaten.

Unless it's Joe Root doing it. Really needs to be held by an all time great.

Shame they didn't try and push on cos it will invariably end up in a damp squib of a draw by 5pm when there 150/0

To be honest would rather Lara record at both FC and Test never be beaten.

Unless it's Joe Root doing it. Really needs to be held by an all time great.

Shame they didn't try and push on cos it will invariably end up in a damp squib of a draw by 5pm when there 150/0

Fair play to them mind, they have them 9 down with 9 overs remaining!

They absolutely made the correct decision even if this partnership survives

I fully agree but without being privvy to what the pitch was like or if they were just bowling pies it (statistically) looked like an absolute road and at that time it seemed incredibly unlikely a result was on the cards
Or yeah just the philosophy always needs imo not just for this game to forget individual landmarks and just focus on getting a result even if only very very low percentage to win

Back