County Championship Promotion/Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The worst thing is that for whatever reason, whether the club can't afford to get rid or they actually believe their excuses, Gale and Moxon are going nowhere. We're not just going down for one season like last time when Gillespie started the revival we're going to stagnate down there for a few years

Last edited:
The worst thing is that for whatever reason, whether the club can't afford to get rid or they actually believe their excuses, Gale and Moxon are going nowhere. We're not just going down for one season like last time when Gillespie started the revival we're going to stagnate down there for a few years
Is that not why dizzy got out and knew there where tough times ahead for the club.

Is that not why dizzy got out and knew there where tough times ahead for the club.
I think he realised the team had reached it's peak. No one expected us to decline this much though and it is solely down to the clowns in charge. Pissing long serving players off replacing them with other counties cast offs (Poysden and Pillans), coaches and board being condescending to passionate and knowledgeable members and supporters when they raise concerns about the direction of the club. Oh yes and the debt but I'm opening up a can of worms with that on here...

No

The players you have released or are going to release suggest one thing Yorkshire are skint and have to cut their cloth etc. Probably why Gale will be retained as he knows the circumstances and will put up with them.
Doesn't mean us supporters have to put up with him and his cliches (when we win or draw) or silence (when we lose). No coach would be a better idea, he does fuck all anyway the results for the last two years tell you that, and it would save even more money

Last edited:
Excellent win for the Yorkies, especially with the Notts defeat. I'd be feeling quite confident of staying up at this point given the game in hand.
Shame for Jennings and Onion, looks like they'll be visiting the Riverside again next year. Unless Jennings leaves to further his England career of course.

Worcestershire get themselves into a competitive position again and again fuck it up. Story of the season for us.

Surely going down now.

Are test players available for last two rounds does anyone know? Ali makes an unbelievable difference to Worcester...

And none of our lads available. Yet Graves and FTECB are "helping" us apparently :rolleyes:Certainly not on the field anyway which is all I care about

Last edited:
Bad week for Sussex...walloped by us, beaten in the T20 final and now Bell & Trott are crushing their slim promotion hopes into the ground with a century a piece.

Looks like Stevens will be trundling in to bowl in Div 1 next season.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back