County Championship on Sky.

his book is a great read and enlightening

Great lad tresco. Hopefully he will progress to the test commentary box in time

Agree with all of that.

Unfortunately, I don’t think he ticks enough boxes.
Congratulations Essex, County Champions 2019. Fitting that the two sides who mopped up all the honours this season duked it out until the last ball.

Was that a pun :eek:
Fitting that they are both non-Hundred sides as well.

1000%.
Why did they finish at half 5

Playing conditions dictate that Close on the final day is immovable - which is massively unfortunate. With all the overs lost throughout the four days, its maddening to think they couldn’t have added an extra 30 minutes at least.

Last edited:
, its maddening to think they couldn’t have added an extra 30 minutes at least.
Jesus! It's September the 28th; darkness encroaching; no chance of a meaningful win for either side; Tres has a grand behind the bar, and you want them to potter about for another half hour!?!!?

I've played with enough people like you :)

What they need is a couple of reserve days for occasions like this.

Jesus! It's September the 28th; darkness encroaching; no chance of a meaningful win for either side; Tres has a grand behind the bar, and you want them to potter about for another half hour!?!!?

I've played with enough people like you :)

What they need is a couple of reserve days for occasions like this.

No, what I suggested was having the ability to add that time onto the last day in any game - instead of Close being immovable.

It was a wider point about Championship playing conditions in general, rather than a suggestion that yesterday’s result would’ve been any different with an extra 8 overs of play.

Back