County Championship 2020

It’s a perfectly reasonable statement given the uncertainty

Blame them for a lot, but don’t make stuff up
Perhaps you could explain exactly what "scoping out the landscape for financial, logistical and scheduling implications" means. And I can't see how, when there's no sport worth talking of scheduled for months, they're still planning to start in less than 4 weeks.

Perhaps you could explain exactly what "scoping out the landscape for financial, logistical and scheduling implications" means. And I can't see how, when there's no sport worth talking of scheduled for months, they're still planning to start in less than 4 weeks.
I think it’s quite obvious what it means. It’s twisty language but that’s it

the premier league is currently due to start on the 4th April.

I said on another thread, but I really think sports like, snooker, or darts or bowls, should stage something and get themselves on the BBC, the viewing figures would astronomical

You could do all 3 sports with only 3 people in the room.
Something like this perhaps?

Who would host it though? Gough, Hoggard, Tufnell?
I think it’s quite obvious what it means. It’s twisty language but that’s it

the premier league is currently due to start on the 4th April.
It means precisely fuck all. And then they say they're still planning as if nothing is going on. It's bonkers. And what about the tourists?

Last edited:
Something like this perhaps?

Who would host it though? Gough, Hoggard, Tufnell?

It means precisely fuck all. And then they say they're still planning as if nothing is going on. It's bonkers. And what about the tourists?
Where do you read that

they say this

It is difficult for us to be sure of what outcomes the game might be expected to deal with. Therefore, we will continue to plan for the expectation that the season proceeds as normal, but in parallel prepare for a range of scenarios. These could include the possibility of playing matches behind closed doors, or potentially postponing or cancelling elements of the season.

Where do you read that

they say this

It is difficult for us to be sure of what outcomes the game might be expected to deal with. Therefore, we will continue to plan for the expectation that the season proceeds as normal, but in parallel prepare for a range of scenarios. These could include the possibility of playing matches behind closed doors, or potentially postponing or cancelling elements of the season.
So you think there's still the "expectation", not just hope but expectation, that they'll be able to play as normal in 25 days - presumably without any warm-up matches - and that's what they're still planning for? Actually calling games off is literally the last thing they are apparently thinking of.

It beggars belief.

Last edited:
Bostock just been on local tv saying the season is being rescheduled with the priorities being to save the twenty twenty blast and 100
Now I don’t give a toss about the daft 100 ball crap but it looks like the county championship will be sacrificed for the smaller money making wack it comps
Anyway IMO if the current health situation continues it will all be binned anyway

It’s a holding statement for gods sake.
I'm sure you know what that means. Name another sports governing body that's doing that.

In the meantime the ECB has its head in the sand.
Bostock just been on local tv saying the season is being rescheduled with the priorities being to save the twenty twenty blast and 100
Now I don’t give a toss about the daft 100 ball crap but it looks like the county championship will be sacrificed for the smaller money making wack it comps
Anyway IMO if the current health situation continues it will all be binned anyway
Makes sense to be fair. It might be the only thing that saves the professional game.

Last edited:
Bostock interviewed at length on LookNorth, came over well. Seems as if there's any cricket priority will be given to T20 and the folly.
More pleasing is club is already in discussion with local health trusts to using the facilities for testing, also staff in anyway they can to assist health provision.
There's also a £50m ECB fund reserved for grants for infrastructure which Bostock suggests is converted into grants to cover short-term cash flow problems. Bostock talked more sense in 5 minutes than Graves has in 5 years.

Back