Council developments & regeneration

Striker
Looking at this months council meeting agenda, theres some interesting things at the bottom (which you cant read)

Meetings and Events

Buying the poundland/littlewoods building
Mentions disposing of the HSW hotel plot - so this could be back on?
Buying the Norfolk hotel
Stack thing on crowtree - so next no happening?
Buying elephant tea rooms (64 fawcett st)

Looking at this months council meeting agenda, theres some interesting things at the bottom (which you cant read)

Meetings and Events

Buying the poundland/littlewoods building
Mentions disposing of the HSW hotel plot - so this could be back on?
Buying the Norfolk hotel
Stack thing on crowtree - so next no happening?
Buying elephant tea rooms (64 fawcett st)

Hopefully buying the old littlewoods building would then allow them to use it to regenerate the train station and turn that into a concourse type area

Was down in London earlier in the week, first time I've been back in 15 years the place has changed so much since I lived there, but the biggest shock was how much building work is going on now and not small stuff, huge projects, it highlights the pathetic amount spent on Sunderland, 40 year for one cheap box of a building to be built on the Vaux site and a bridge, we really do get the smallest crumbs from the table.

Was down in London earlier in the week, first time I've been back in 15 years the place has changed so much since I lived there, but the biggest shock was how much building work is going on now and not small stuff, huge projects, it highlights the pathetic amount spent on Sunderland, 40 year for one cheap box of a building to be built on the Vaux site and a bridge, we really do get the smallest crumbs from the table.
Its the capital, so it simply must have the most money spent on it.. Fuck everywhere else.

Thought they were skint. Increase in council tax, cut backs, austerity.
Lying gits.

I’m gonna check who owns the tea rooms and if it’s a councillor or relation and they paid 2.5m for it am having hell on mind.

Thought they were skint. Increase in council tax, cut backs, austerity.
Lying gits.

I’m gonna check who owns the tea rooms and if it’s a councillor or relation and they paid 2.5m for it am having hell on mind.
We were in austerity measures when we paid ni 2 billion.

Where the fuck did we get the money for that?

We were in austerity measures when we paid ni 2 billion.

Where the fuck did we get the money for that?
It's obscene, that's what it is, I thought it was heavy in building work in the 80's to the millennium, when I lived there, but there's no comparison to what's going on now and little old Sunderland wait 40 years for one poxy box to be built on the Vaux site and it's still not finished, seems like we're not all in this together, reminds me of that wooden fence that stretches from Steels bridge to the Alex bridge, it's been there all my life, unchanged, with the exception of the new hole half way along, 66 years at least, progress eh! the people of this country have been fucked over left, right and centre and their cash ploughed into London.

The pound land purchase is massive, could finally get on with the new train station
I'll play devil's advocate here. Why would any organisation want to redevelop the train station ? What's in it for anyone ? Sunderland is always poorly placed because it's not on the East Coast main line. I couldn't honestly see a massive upturn in users because the station is new and better than the current shambles it is.

Back