Could we attract Neil Critchley from Blackpool?

Anyone in a division above, or who hadn't worked in L1 before will want assurances that support will be significant.
I wonder why any ambitious manager in the Championship would want to manage in L1. Also we as fans remember 50,000 gates in the Premiership but does anyone else? Potential is just a word. We are now an established L1 club whose first team on the field of play is at times clueless and pathetic.
Maybe we got LJ because LJ was the best we could get.
We need to get out of this league by hook or by crook i.e. by playing and beating the opposition actually on the pitch not in a coaching session. Then develop a LT plan once promoted.
Are there any L1 or unemployed managers who could do a job?

I hate this “we have billionaire owners” narrative. A persons personal wealth doesn’t equal a clubs wealth.
narrative set by Sunderland Echo. See the end of my comment ‘money close enough but feels so far away’.

point being that the owner can be seen as rich but doesn’t necessarily mean safc is rich. Just that it could mean that in the future if that’s how the owner chooses to play it out.

First 10 games of this season.
I think the first 10 games of the season teams sat back against us a bit more (or tried to play football ala Wigan) worried about us getting at them and it played into our hands.

Now teams are standing up to us we go into our shell IMHO.

I will keep saying that I'm not defending LJ I just don't think a change of head coach will change our form much. We lack the physical players in the centre of the park to help us dominate teams. This is something that's been missing from our squad since Catts left and it's not since M'Vila have we had a powerful physical centre mid with pace.

Every fan can see this has been problem with the squad for years so it beggars belief no one at the club can see it

narrative set by Sunderland Echo. See the end of my comment ‘money close enough but feels so far away’.

point being that the owner can be seen as rich but doesn’t necessarily mean safc is rich. Just that it could mean that in the future if that’s how the owner chooses to play it out.
Also worth remembering billionaires can have their fortune tied up in assets. Cash reserves are a different kettle of fish.

Was it ever explained how much he has himself?
As far as I believe, he’s meant to have a trust fund in his name for the sum of $2b+, which some have claimed he doesn’t have full access to until age 25? I think I heard, which would be his next bday. Who knows the exact truth, probably not many people. His twin brother is assumed to have similar and is a director at the club, although before Kildare jumps in, that’s not necessarily relevant.

As far as I believe, he’s meant to have a trust fund in his name for the sum of $2b+, which some have claimed he doesn’t have full access to until age 25? I think I heard, which would be his next bday. Who knows the exact truth, probably not many people. His twin brother is assumed to have similar and is a director at the club, although before Kildare jumps in, that’s not necessarily relevant.
Promotion party 2024 :lol:

He'd be daft not to come here.
why he has blackpool on the edge of the play offs now in the league above....he would be mad to levae there while they have any chance of promotion to the top flight..
and with the job he is doing there..he might get a prem job, and certainly a good champo job , at the end of the season if he wants it...league one wont be on his radar because it doesnt need to be.

The fact we can’t even attract someone Id never heard of and infact presumed was a player until I opened the thread is fecking tragic like. I love these little reminders of how incredibly shite we are 🙄

Back