Could we attract Neil Critchley from Blackpool?

One look at this squad would put any decent manager/head coach off.

By all means get shot of LJ but these players haven't got the fight or ambition to get promoted at the first sign of a team going toe to toe with them too many of our players go straight into their shell.

Regardless of who is in the dugout this squad is not capable of promotion

Doing a great job there getting them promoted and doing decent in championship. He would have to drop a league obviously but surely we could tempt him a club our size with an amazing owner and structure that i keep reading about on here.
Not a bad shout.
Defo one for us to consider if we change manager

Lampard for me, time to show some real ambition.
Would he come?
Probably not but a manager like that would bring a lot of positivity to the club and probably attract a higher level of player to the club.
Dreaming? Yeah i probably am but then again I still think we are the greatest club in the world. So yes, I'm a dreamer and currently stuck in the middle of a nightmare!

That just means he would cost more.
it means he doesnt particularly want to leave..and if he did want to leave...he could look up, towards clubs in the champo with money, not down, to league one clubs..
It bugs me that people just think no, he wouldn't come and that's it. I'd like to think if it came to it and LJ got peddled, we would identify the right man and make a statement when going for them. Why do we have to go for someone with a poor record who is out of work. Money talks as does the size of the club.
but he can get more money and a bog club elsewhere than league one if he wants it..

People need to get realistic and accept that no manager with any semblance of reputation will want to come to this club any time soon. We finish managers off ffs.

Doing a great job there getting them promoted and doing decent in championship. He would have to drop a league obviously but surely we could tempt him a club our size with an amazing owner and structure that i keep reading about on here.
No. He’d have to be intellectually sub normal and I don’t think he is.
I’d be surprised if he did. My point is finding the next Critchley is the way forward. I wouldn’t rule out any division they come from if they have the right credentials.
It’s who is looking at the credentials that worries me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably should have had a punt on him when we failed to get promoted last season. Former youth coach so probably well able to get our younger players beded in. Think he has his own project at Blackpool at the moment.
Big game for Johnson on Saturday, lose and the board will seriously look at alternatives and Critchley maight be an option.

Back