Could we attract Eddie Howe or Big Sam ?

Nope but I reckon we absolutely could get Cook, the Cowley’s, Poyet or Wanker though he is Bowyer. All significantly better than current incumbent.

Nope but I reckon we absolutely could get Cook, the Cowley’s, Poyet or Wanker though he is Bowyer. All significantly better than current incumbent.

The Cowleys are not significantly better than what we have. Play shit football and have not had any success above League 2. Cook is the most realistic one on the list, and even then it’s a stretch, because he could get probably get a Championship job. Bowyer is being linked to PL jobs, no chance he’d come here.

I agree Poyet would be an upgrade, but we’re going to have to wait for new ownership. Even still, there’s a lot of romanticism for the bloke, when I remember how much a good portion of our fanbase couldn’t stand him for his final season.

The Cowleys are not significantly better than what we have. Play shit football and have not had any success above League 2. Cook is the most realistic one on the list, and even then it’s a stretch, because he could get probably get a Championship job. Bowyer is being linked to PL jobs, no chance he’d come here.

I agree Poyet would be an upgrade, but we’re going to have to wait for new ownership. Even still, there’s a lot of romanticism for the bloke, when I remember how much a good portion of our fanbase couldn’t stand him for his final season.
The Cowleys style is certainly a bit agricultural but has been quite effective. They’re young and bright enough to improve and take us forward. Cook would, I suspect, jump at the job with decent support in place. Bowyers best/only chance of a prem job is to get promoted to that league. In theory at least we’d represent an opportunity for him to show what he can do.
Poyet is a bit different as he’s managed at a much higher level and would not necessarily be interested but all of them are not impossible dreams, just a bit ambitious.

Only with a new owner who clearly states his plan and transfer kitty for the plan to the new manager.
Eddie Howe could be attracted to a 'project', and FFS we are a project and a half.

I was thinking Eddie Howe in those circumstances. if it's just a 2 year deal, then no chance.

Is Cattermole still doing his coaching badges? Would be a good face and character to have back at the club in some coaching capacity to help him develop under a strong manager.

The Cowleys style is certainly a bit agricultural but has been quite effective. They’re young and bright enough to improve and take us forward. Cook would, I suspect, jump at the job with decent support in place. Bowyers best/only chance of a prem job is to get promoted to that league. In theory at least we’d represent an opportunity for him to show what he can do.
Poyet is a bit different as he’s managed at a much higher level and would not necessarily be interested but all of them are not impossible dreams, just a bit ambitious.

I get what you’re saying, I’d say Cook is definitely the most realistic looking at it. You’re right that they’re ambitious, but unfortunately we are no longer an ambitious club with Donald in charge, so we’ll be picking from the bargain bin again.

I get what you’re saying, I’d say Cook is definitely the most realistic looking at it. You’re right that they’re ambitious, but unfortunately we are no longer an ambitious club with Donald in charge, so we’ll be picking from the bargain bin again.
True enough but hopefully about to change. We’ll probably have some obscure Swiss or Uruguayan manager before we know it.

No and I think we missed a trick not going for Warnock prior to Boro taking him. Proven successful time and time again at this level and if you speak to any Boro fans they seem really happy with him and the football they’re currently playing.

Back