Coughlin returns

Well, I'm all in favour of prodigal returnees and of people from Hetton or Houghton .... and he is a good player so good luck to him.

I am ambivalent about this signing knowing his fitness record.
He couldn’t wait to jump ship for the extra filthy lucre
If his fitness and attitude are good it would be a good signing but I fear he will be a permanent sick note

money was not the reason for leaving... was no better off down notts and anyone who knows him personally will tell you his attitude to the game is one of the best. Can understand fitness issues but he’s had a tonne of bad luck. Hopefully he gets a run together

If his fitness and attitude are good it would be a good signing but I fear he will be a permanent sick note
i can guarantee you he didn’t leave for money. Let’s hope we can bring a few more back. Would love to see Scott Borthwick and Mark Stoneman back.

Last edited:
Pretty much my thoughts too, of course I hope he regains the form he had prior to jumping ship (when he wasn’t injured) I rather fancy he’ll be regretting his move to Notts.

I’m not as Durham connected as most on here but is a terrible signing in my mind

reeks of someone who can’t get fit and needs a contact. And he quit as soon as he got a better offer, having never really done enough for Durham. Borthwick and Rocky at least contributed massively for years

I was shocked to read he's 27. I thought he was a promising youngster.

I have no problem someone moving to a better paid job elsewhere, I've certainly done it. It didn't work out and now he's back. I hope he stays injury free and exceeds the expectations, but I won't be holding my breath.

I’m not as Durham connected as most on here but is a terrible signing in my mind

reeks of someone who can’t get fit and needs a contact. And he quit as soon as he got a better offer, having never really done enough for Durham. Borthwick and Rocky at least contributed massively for years
Can you blame someone for going for more money there not exactly on footballers wages

Back