Coughlin gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad.

Cannot see him getting even a sniff at an England spot. But showed himself a decent T20 better this season, bowling doesn't seem to have improved recently though.

Sad.

Cannot see him getting even a sniff at an England spot. But showed himself a decent T20 better this season, bowling doesn't seem to have improved recently though.
Times i have seen him he isnt quick enough which means he needs to have a lot of variety which he doesnt either. Tendency to drag it down and smashed

Good riddance. Looks like cricket is slowly but surely heading down the money over matter route.
I have no objection on money grounds simply that the career is shorter and is the money that great for county cricketer? However being brought through age groups, academy and 2nd XI and then injured for most of professional career to nick off when their is an expectation to perform is not good enough. Gives impression of a flaky attitiude

When Durham stop offering kids peanuts to stay at their local club then these guys might actually stay. The way the club treat contract negotiations is shocking........I would fully expect to be a contradiction in statements between this one and when onions leaves around loyalty etc etc
You are spot on there the use of the development contract to keep young players at the club is out of order.

When Durham stop offering kids peanuts to stay at their local club then these guys might actually stay. The way the club treat contract negotiations is shocking........I would fully expect to be a contradiction in statements between this one and when onions leaves around loyalty etc etc

I believe he was offered a fantastic deal

So this post is an absolute f***ing load of shite mate.

I have no objection on money grounds simply that the career is shorter and is the money that great for county cricketer? However being brought through age groups, academy and 2nd XI and then injured for most of professional career to nick off when their is an expectation to perform is not good enough. Gives impression of a flaky attitiude

This for me

What an ungrateful prick

Well what Durham need to do is make sure that these players know that if they leave Durham there is no coming back. They can start that with Borthwick, it amazes me some of the posters on here who where giving him stick for leaving 12 months ago and now are saying "bring him home"
Make a stand so that players know that if the grass is not greener then Durham is not a soft touch which will take you back.

peter moores at notts iirc

clueless at international level but always rated very highly at domestic level

will Coughlin get in their t20 winning team?

they will have fletcher back next season as well.

very sad to see our promising players leave but it appears more and more, that test grounds will scoop up all the talent

it will only accelerate come the new franchise t20 competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back