Couch to 5k

I didnt, not today. I had messages to do which were arranged before this thread was picked up.
I'm working next weekend and then away for a couple of weekends. Thinking I'm going to (and I know its a while away) perhaps start in January. I know running clubs start their couch to 5ks at the turn of the year (I started with Sunderland Strollers just as lockdown was coming in) so I think if I can grt my head I to the game and start to focus I might actually get somewhere.

I started with the strollers at the same time. Shame the lockdown put a premature end to the beginners group. I kept going and joined the strollers about this time last year.
It'll be good if the beginners start up again, I'd recommend joining the strollers, they're a great bunch, really friendly

I started with the strollers at the same time. Shame the lockdown put a premature end to the beginners group. I kept going and joined the strollers about this time last year.
It'll be good if the beginners start up again, I'd recommend joining the strollers, they're a great bunch, really friendly
Yeah, that who it was I went with, the beginners group. Ill have to keep an eye on their Facebook page to see if they start it again.

Yeah, that who it was I went with, the beginners group. Ill have to keep an eye on their Facebook page to see if they start it again.
It was a good group. If I hear its on again I'll post on here.
Hopefully things are starting to return to normal.
The beginners page was closed down, but I'm sure a new one will be set up if it's going again in Jan

I'm way too slow to even take part in anything like that at the minute. My absolute fear is being the last one home.

They have a volunteer position called Tail Walker whose job it is to be last so unless that's you you'll never be last. I've done it a few times & a fair few were at a leisurely stroll pace & a couple of them took over an hour. Maybe try being a volunteer 1st so you can see what it's like?

Thank you for letting me know. I'll have a look into it.
If your on Facebook search for the Sunderland strollers page. There's info there about it.
16 week program, with the aim of you running 5 mile continuosly by the end, regardless of pace. Obviously week 1 you start small and gradually increase the distance. You can pay 1 quid per week as you go or 10 quid before the program starts for the whole lot.

If your on Facebook search for the Sunderland strollers page. There's info there about it.
16 week program, with the aim of you running 5 mile continuosly by the end, regardless of pace. Obviously week 1 you start small and gradually increase the distance. You can pay 1 quid per week as you go or 10 quid before the program starts for the whole lot.
Ah thank you. I've just looked it up to check the date it started.

I signed up for the 16 weeks weeks last year before it got stopped. I would probably miss 1 week in each 4 due to my shifts so might sign up again.

I notice its in a different place this year too. Will have to scope out where its located

Ah thank you. I've just looked it up to check the date it started.

I signed up for the 16 weeks weeks last year before it got stopped. I would probably miss 1 week in each 4 due to my shifts so might sign up again.

I notice its in a different place this year too. Will have to scope out where its located
Not too far from where it was in 2019.
Ashbrooke cricket club, round the corner from St Aidan's school

Thank you for letting me know. I'll have a look into it.
Sorry if seb
The SIlky Striders also have a non competitive group on Monday, Wed ( big group ) and Thurs ( efforts Ettrick Grove)
It’s very popular and loads the grouping so no one ever gets left .
No subs just very friendly -turn up and run
All groups in Sunderland seem good

Sorry if seb
The SIlky Striders also have a non competitive group on Monday, Wed ( big group ) and Thurs ( efforts Ettrick Grove)
It’s very popular and loads the grouping so no one ever gets left .
No subs just very friendly -turn up and run
All groups in Sunderland seem good
Thank you.

I've signed up to the Beginners Strollers again. Was only a tenner.

Ideally I like to be closer to home but neither Shields or Jarrow seems to do the couch to 5k type of startup.

Noticed that Washington running club has said they will be doing couch to 5k in a couple of months too.

Back