Couch to 5k

SNAFU86

Full Back
Anyone else used this App before?

i am on week 4 day 2, i think its 3 mins jog/90 sec walk, 5 mins jog/3 mins walk then repeat....anyone find it useful for fitness? so far its having mixed results!

i need to lose weight before Christmas really so was going to continue that 3 times a week then days when i am not doing that i will be doing a HIIT type 15-20min workout through the FitBit coach app.....

...any advice on this and diet wise.....

i am on week 4 day 2, i think its 3 mins jog/90 sec walk, 5 mins jog/3 mins walk then repeat....anyone find it useful for fitness? so far its having mixed results!

i need to lose weight before Christmas really so was going to continue that 3 times a week then days when i am not doing that i will be doing a HIIT type 15-20min workout through the FitBit coach app.....

I did it a few years ago. I could barely run to the end of the street when I started it. I found it excellent. It started off a bit of a running bug and I went on to be able to do a sub-24 minute 5k, sub-50 minute 10k both in proper races. I also ran a half marathon for the first and only time in 1hr 52. That was literally making sure I could do the distance, with no time in mind.

Diet wise. You need to be consuming less calories than you expend. Download MyFitnessPal and track everything you eat. Work out your TDEE and make sure you're in a calorie deficit. You will lose weight.

I did it a few years ago. I could barely run to the end of the street when I started it. I found it excellent. It started off a bit of a running bug and I went on to be able to do a sub-24 minute 5k, sub-50 minute 10k both in proper races. I also ran a half marathon for the first and only time in 1hr 52. That was literally making sure I could do the distance, with no time in mind.

Diet wise. You need to be consuming less calories than you expend. Download MyFitnessPal and track everything you eat. Work out your TDEE and make sure you're in a calorie deficit. You will lose weight.

I can only echo this really.

Just finished it a couple of weeks ago and went from not being able to cope with the minute of running at Week 1 to being able to run the full half hour at week 9

The app is a great idea for people like me who have never ran before as it builds you up gradually rather than just doing it yourself, probably overdoing it and injuring yourself then giving up

I've lost about 10lb since I started it and haven't really dieted. Just cut out all the crap and it makes a big difference

Switched to map my run now as I like the timings each km etc but C25K is a brilliant app

One other thing is you should still try and have rest days

I did it. It's as much about getting used to running as anything else for me . Lost my final Stone doing this and my fitness pal.

Thanks for the great advice!!

Just done my first 20min non stop run, its a killer but i kept going!! feel great afterwards...

gonna maybe repeat some weeks as well just to get back into it....used to run up to 8 miles a few years back (i.e. before the kids) so if i can get back to somewhere near there i will be buzzing, just takes time doesn't it!

You're already doing interval training with the C25K so instead of doing more of the same with the HIIT try doing a beginner's strength routine like Stronglifts 5x5.

I started c25k in May 2016 the first few weeks were very tough but I lost weight and felt better in myself. I got the running bug and have since joined an Athletics clubs and I'm loving it. Well done and keep it up,

You're already doing interval training with the C25K so instead of doing more of the same with the HIIT try doing a beginner's strength routine like Stronglifts 5x5.

i don't get time to go to the gym to be honest (wife kids work, nightmare), running and a quick workout at home is the best i can manage so if theres anything i can do using my own body weight that would be great!

Used it a few years back, couldn't run for toffee without blowing out of my arse. Build up a good bit of fitness with it and we were doing 2 of them back to back in the end along the beach down Seaburn. Never thought I'd be able to do that.

Really good system to get you into running and slowly build up the fitness. Don't think I would have stuck with it had it just been straight out and big long runs without breaks.

Used it a few years back, couldn't run for toffee without blowing out of my arse. Build up a good bit of fitness with it and we were doing 2 of them back to back in the end along the beach down Seaburn. Never thought I'd be able to do that.

Really good system to get you into running and slowly build up the fitness. Don't think I would have stuck with it had it just been straight out and big long runs without breaks.

i am into week 7 now and loving it...its all 25 min runs then week 8 building up to 30 mins, from there i can work on my pace and running longer distance.....just need to get the diet in check!

Confirming what others have said here, I did couch to 5k about 4 years ago. When I started I honestly couldn't have ran for 30 seconds. I now run a half marathon once a week and (if I had the time or desire) would easily be able to up this to longer distances.
Good going and that. That's my goal got 2018 to get to half marathon. More than likely could do it now if I'm honest but going to build it up slowly.

Confirming what others have said here, I did couch to 5k about 4 years ago. When I started I honestly couldn't have ran for 30 seconds. I now run a half marathon once a week and (if I had the time or desire) would easily be able to up this to longer distances.

Attempted a half marathon yesterday but my leg’s just stopped working 15km in. Was gutted.

Good going and that. That's my goal got 2018 to get to half marathon. More than likely could do it now if I'm honest but going to build it up slowly.
Did my first half marathon this year and would recommend Redcar as it is a relatively flat course (I managed a 1 hour 52 minutes 38 seconds)

If you fancy something a bit more challenging Sunderland half marathon is Sunday May 13th and I have signed up for it

Did my first half marathon this year and would recommend Redcar as it is a relatively flat course (I managed a 1 hour 52 minutes 38 seconds)

If you fancy something a bit more challenging Sunderland half marathon is Sunday May 13th and I have signed up for it
I'm in for the sunderland 10k. I've plenty of time and might aim for the sunderland one in 2019.

Sunderland 10k this year was my first organised event.

I started running about three years ago to lose weight. I have lost a shed load and become addicted to running
Same here. Always loved running but stopped after injuries and thought at my age running was over.

I have a schedule and keep to it. Has me running on Christmas day, mind. But that will help with the beer later on.

Back