Cost to lower a drive

Me and my partner are in the process of buying our first house after renting for 5 years.

The first thing we will need to do in this house is lower the drive to allow us park the car there. Strangely the drive is about a foot above the ground level and a lot steeper than a standard kerb. We would be unable to add a ramp as this would go into the road too much so i'm thinking we'd need to cut it right back so the ramp is within our area.

Everywhere i'm looking for quotes is about dropping the kerb, which isn't quite what we need. Does anybody have contacts who could do this for us or have an idea of how much this will cost?

Thanks in advance

Where is this mate is it In Sunderland?

Me and my partner are in the process of buying our first house after renting for 5 years.

The first thing we will need to do in this house is lower the drive to allow us park the car there. Strangely the drive is about a foot above the ground level and a lot steeper than a standard kerb. We would be unable to add a ramp as this would go into the road too much so i'm thinking we'd need to cut it right back so the ramp is within our area.

Everywhere i'm looking for quotes is about dropping the kerb, which isn't quite what we need. Does anybody have contacts who could do this for us or have an idea of how much this will cost?

Thanks in advance
As said before, a photo, would be a big help
or diagram, preferably done in MS Paint

Am I not understanding this right? Why can’t you just dig the drive out and relay it flush with the pavement? You can hire a breaker, smash up all the concrete, dig it out and prepare the bed yourself for next to nowt. Then just get someone to re lay it.

Am I not understanding this right? Why can’t you just dig the drive out and relay it flush with the pavement? You can hire a breaker, smash up all the concrete, dig it out and prepare the bed yourself for next to nowt. Then just get someone to re lay it.
I think you’re right TBF. So the kerb out front is normal height but the lip from the other to the drive is a foot. Needs digging out and relaying. Council approval not required, will be about 5k IMO.

By the sounds of it it would need about 500mm out.Not many blokes this day and age could dig that out .

Arrange the words into a well known phrase.
graft Yer wouldn't skin!!

Back