Cost of fitting new double electric socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats the going rate to get a sparky to fit a double socket these days?
is it to replace an existing socket whether it be single or double or is it to take a spur of another socket and chase through plaster or under floorboards and make good render either way

You can get a new double socket from Screwfix for £2..maybe £5 for a chrome look one..how long to fit it..10 minutes??..new placement is totally different though.

There's a lot more work involved in a new placement. If it was just replacing as previously said I'd be happy to walk the OP through this to save them a pretty penny, as long as they are comfortable to do so.

I won't be carrying out any new placement work as electrical work isn't my main job.
You can get a new double socket from Screwfix for £2..maybe £5 for a chrome look one..how long to fit it..10 minutes??..new placement is totally different though.

There's a lot more work involved in a new placement. If it was just replacing as previously said I'd be happy to walk the OP through this to save them a pretty penny, as long as they are comfortable to do so.

I won't be carrying out any new placement work as electrical work isn't my main job.

I know I've just said that..i was more replying to figures of £60 for a couple of new replacement sockets fitted..be making £50 for half an hours work..no way.

Last edited:
Replaced a double socket to upgrade to a one with USB outlets, was pretty pleased with myself and the kids havent been fried yet. Missus (no) complained though because it was chrome and didnt match the others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back