Cost of fitting new double electric socket

:lol:
Honestly mate this thread sums sunderland up.
People don't engage their brain and expect everything done to a professional standard for the bare minimum outlay. It's a strange outlook when you are talking about a skilled trade like.
One thing I will say, it's a slight liberty when you get lads doing a bit on the side on weekends/nights for some extra coin but still charging the normal day rates. It's not like for like imo.

To be fair I think myself and @theboot had our wires crossed (no pun intended) I’m thinking he’s coming out to a job for £50-£60 per hour then that would be his rate if the job went on for say 4 hours..no one’s regular rate is that much an hour..i now realise he meant his initial call out is that which I explained to him last night..I’ll stand by what I said about hourly rates though..I’m a time served fabricator and earn £17 per hour (roughly) someone’s coming to my house and I’ve worked out they’re charging £50+ per hour..not happening like.
As the lad above said though, your employer will charge around 60 an hour when / if it came to charging a client for remedial/ day works.all costs of manpower, tools and any other costs will be added up then an hourly rate set.but to summarise, a person who knows his trade well and knocks a good job out will be charging 250 a day easily.

As the lad above said though, your employer will charge around 60 an hour when / if it came to charging a client for remedial/ day works.all costs of manpower, tools and any other costs will be added up then an hourly rate set.but to summarise, a person who knows his trade well and knocks a good job out will be charging 250 a day easily.
Seems everyone wants to be paid fairly until they are the ones footing the bill, then it’s squeeze till the pips squeak

I’ll pay £250 per day..but I want a good 8 hours out of you...that’s my top end..£30 per hour.

Get your testing and inspection mate. They will be knocking your door in with offers. I’ve heard they going back to the old way of having testers testing work. The current situation is you just need one lad qualified at your company to get niceic approval as a company. Already happening in certain councils. £55k a year just testing. That’ll do me till I retire.

He’s took the piss there like. Hour max that should be. Honestly. 15 drain 30 job 15 fill up while you do paperwork.

f***ing hell, plumbing and gas fitting too?

You really are the generic builder aren’t you.
Jack of all trades, master of fuck all
I’ll pay £250 per day..but I want a good 8 hours out of you...that’s my top end..£30 per hour.

What if it is an 8 hour job but I do it in 4? Will you only pay me half or will you double my hourly rate?

Last edited:
What Zs reading did you get. Very important as it could cause a fire.

To be honest mate that’s the first I’ve heard of Zs, but I did get the bairn to test all the sockets after I was done, he’s a leccy and said they were all ok.
What causes them to be “not ok” out of interest ?

f***ing hell, plumbing and gas fitting too?

You really are the generic builder aren’t you.
Jack of all trades, master of fuck all

What if it is an 8 hour job but I do it in 4? Will you only pay me half or will you double my hourly rate?
Plumbing? Gas fitting? Never ever done it. Get someone in.
Ask them their hourly rate though first.
To be honest mate that’s the first I’ve heard of Zs, but I did get the bairn to test all the sockets after I was done, he’s a leccy and said they were all ok.
What causes them to be “not ok” out of interest ?
Ask the bairn. He’s a leccy
People don't engage their brain and expect everything done to a professional standard for the bare minimum outlay. It's a strange outlook when you are talking about a skilled trade like.
One thing I will say, it's a slight liberty when you get lads doing a bit on the side on weekends/nights for some extra coin but still charging the normal day rates. It's not like for like imo.
Aye that’s true. Using gear thy pinch from work anarl.
:lol:
Honestly mate this thread sums sunderland up.
Nutshell.

Last edited:

Back