Corinthians ban on green in their stadium

Grandad was born and bread Sunlun ,and as you say wasn't alone in thinking the colour green unlucky why I don't know ,and he was definitely not anti catholic in any way his mother's name was named Marie Kelly a lady from Cork. I m sorry for dig at your user name ,was a little miffed thinking you were having a go at my grandad being a bigot as I can most certainly say he wasnt
I think looking back from 21century perspective at the lives of people in the early 20th century can skew your judgement ......i was around 14 when my gran died and all i knew of her was of a kind old woman but in later years i learned haw she dominated her family and brought them up wit the same daft rules and superstitions she had ..i dont think she was a bigot on a personal level it was more institutionalised than that more of a case of this is how you live your life ..my mother had a sweetheart who she wanted to marry but he was jewish and my granny put a stop to that ..I only knew about this because he emigrated to canada and before he died of cancer he came back to the uk in the eighties to seek her out just to see her one more time......On the surface it looks like my gran was a bigot but im not sure thats the full story as the working poor of the 1920's and 30's were kept in there place with social rules and expectations that ruled there life and kept them in their place!So i still remember my granny fondly but dont dig to deeply why she hated the colour green,or wouldn't cut her nails on a friday ,or forced her daughters not to bathe or wash hair when on their period or the daftest one of all would force her children to cut the ends of a banana before eating them.

I think looking back from 21century perspective at the lives of people in the early 20th century can skew your judgement ......i was around 14 when my gran died and all i knew of her was of a kind old woman but in later years i learned haw she dominated her family and brought them up wit the same daft rules and superstitions she had ..i dont think she was a bigot on a personal level it was more institutionalised than that more of a case of this is how you live your life ..my mother had a sweetheart who she wanted to marry but he was jewish and my granny put a stop to that ..I only knew about this because he emigrated to canada and before he died of cancer he came back to the uk in the eighties to seek her out just to see her one more time......On the surface it looks like my gran was a bigot but im not sure thats the full story as the working poor of the 1920's and 30's were kept in there place with social rules and expectations that ruled there life and kept them in their place!So i still remember my granny fondly but dont dig to deeply why she hated the colour green,or wouldn't cut her nails on a friday ,or forced her daughters not to bathe or wash hair when on their period or the daftest one of all would force her children to cut the ends of a banana before eating them.
Aye a different and less enlightened time ,they were indeed a product of their time .I was a teenager before I discovered my nans name wasn't woman

Back