Corinthians ban on green in their stadium

SKP130

Midfield

Me grandad wouldn't have anything green in the house he regarded it s Jonah colour
lot of orange and blue in his house then?.suppose he banned records anarl ...green green grass of home ? greensleeves,green onions?green door?where the green grass grows? o green world?

lot of orange and blue in his house then?.suppose he banned records anarl ...green green grass of home ? greensleeves,green onions?green door?where the green grass grows? o green world?
Not at all he regarded green as unlucky wouldn't wear it or have any green property ie.bikes etc .As did many others in Sunderland and by the way I'm talking of a time long before those records you mention Mr Wellnamed

Not at all he regarded green as unlucky wouldn't wear it or have any green property ie.bikes etc .As did many others in Sunderland and by the way I'm talking of a time long before those records you mention Mr Wellnamed
Strange that as my grannie born in 1901 had the same thoughts about the colour green ..was your grandad from sunderland??She was a bright but poorly educated women from sunderland and she had a lot of superstitions and daft rules she lived by ..I always thought the green hate was an anti catholic irish thing( remember we wereat war with ireland during her formative years) but as she called her two Daughters Pat and Maureen im not so sure now!.as for my username thanks for the compliment as its named after a character in my favourite carry on film and i can assure you im everything like he character! ;)

Strange that as my grannie born in 1901 had the same thoughts about the colour green ..was your grandad from sunderland??She was a bright but poorly educated women from sunderland and she had a lot of superstitions and daft rules she lived by ..I always thought the green hate was an anti catholic irish thing( remember we wereat war with ireland during her formative years) but as she called her two Daughters Pat and Maureen im not so sure now!.as for my username thanks for the compliment as its named after a character in my favourite carry on film and i can assure you im everything like he character! ;)
Grandad was born and bread Sunlun ,and as you say wasn't alone in thinking the colour green unlucky why I don't know ,and he was definitely not anti catholic in any way his mother's name was named Marie Kelly a lady from Cork. I m sorry for dig at your user name ,was a little miffed thinking you were having a go at my grandad being a bigot as I can most certainly say he wasnt

Back