Construction site folk, is this normal behaviour?

There will be a symbol spray painted on her gate if she made them a cuppa ffs.
Tell her to tell them legionella has been found in her water and it's off, also that she has no tea.

About 2 weeks ago, a bloke called at my mother's house and explained they were working at a house 2 doors down, albeit on a different estate, building a conservatory (I think) so had no access to the property and could she make them all a cup of tea. Now, tea and biscuits for people working at your property I understand but I thought this was a bit cheeky. She said they weren't local (Merseyside-ish accent she reckons) so maybe more accustomed to that area?
Very dodgy. 2 weeks ago and they are still there working?

Towbars. :lol:
Walking into Wickes at Pennywell a while back a Scouser tried to sell me a TV he had in the back of his van. He was a bit put out when I said I didn't watch TV and had no use for one. "It's a bargain mate". Ah well that changes everything.
Well documented scam that.

Normally laptops, but is done with TVs as well.

Towbars. :lol:
Walking into Wickes at Pennywell a while back a Scouser tried to sell me a TV he had in the back of his van. He was a bit put out when I said I didn't watch TV and had no use for one. "It's a bargain mate". Ah well that changes everything.
A bloke in a van stopped me and said he was delivering memory foam mattresses and had a spare and wondered if I wanted to buy it? WTF :D

Did she make them a cuppa then?

Aye, and took it down! I would've had them carry them down. Just confirm, they did actually do building work on the house so they are somewhat legitimate but I also mentioned about checking out the van(s) for company name and/or phone numbers but I didn't get an affirmative answer.
Very dodgy. 2 weeks ago and they are still there working?

Dunno, I just remembered to post this story this morning.

Last edited:
Aye, and took it down! I would've had them carry them down. Just confirm, they did actually do building work on the house so they are somewhat legitimate but I also mentioned about checking out the van(s) for company name and/or phone numbers but I didn't get an affirmative answer.

Dunno, I just remembered to post this story this morning.
Get her to speak to the neighbour involved. I wouldn't be happy at all with the situation TBH. It's a piss take at best, and something dodgy at worst. I would make sure she doesn't do it anymore and not let any of them in if they ask to use the toilet or owt like that

100% pikey gyppo scum.

I know a lad who fell for the laptop scam. Probably about 20 years ago now. Had two bottles of water in the box when he opened it.

I've been approached twice in motorway services by the fuckers trying to sell me stuff.

Back