Construction site folk, is this normal behaviour?

Aye, and took it down! I would've had them carry them down. Just confirm, they did actually do building work on the house so they are somewhat legitimate but I also mentioned about checking out the van(s) for company name and/or phone numbers but I didn't get an affirmative answer.

Sounds like they were checking for elderly / vulnerable people to sell building work which isn’t needed if they were actually doing the work they said.

I’ve offered a brew and biscuits to lads working at my neighbours when I knew he was out for the day but wouldn’t make them if some cheeky fucker came and asked uninvited.

Thankfully my baying large hounds seem to put off the unannounced from knocking at my door.

Definitely Diddy's, probably one in tbe House when she left the door open taking the drinks down or they'll be bolder tomorrow and ask to drink it in her kitchen or be looking to use bog etc.
Don't answer the door again.

I've since heard that the day before they called next door and then me Mam saw one of them pass her house on the Wednesday and Thursday (they called at me Mam's house on the Tuesday).

Towbars. :lol:
Walking into Wickes at Pennywell a while back a Scouser tried to sell me a TV he had in the back of his van. He was a bit put out when I said I didn't watch TV and had no use for one. "It's a bargain mate". Ah well that changes everything.
Most likely a box full of bricks.

Back