Congratulations Stewart Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question mate. I know I've mentioned the bloke's name on here a few times and I'm sure he's putting his all into it but, the tangible evidence of his work must surely be results of which, could barely be worse at junior level.
Lower League sides such as ourselves need a healthy Academy set-up and it certainly doesn't appear to be at present, for whatever reason?
i think its debatable whether a director of footballs performance metric is results on the pitch overa short period like one year, i guess its part of the metric but not the only one..

i think effectiveness of scouting and recruitment, effectiveness of sports science and medical, and retention of managers, coaches and players are the metrics..all of those then feed into the end results on the pitch of course.

One thing I'd be interested to know is, if we're presently employing the view the likes of Darlington used to have - signing as many young uns as possible en masse and hoping one will make us a few quid?
Very much, quantity over quality at base level.

What an arrogant post.

I don’t follow my club week in week out as ‘an act of benevolence’. Outcomes definitely do matter albeit the expected outcomes might be different for us than for you. The reaction to Tuesday Night’s outcome after McNulty missed demonstrated that outcomes DO matter.

To suggest we’re just glad just to stay in the league is disrespectful and ill-informed.

Remind me which club has more recently won a major domestic trophy? Remind me which club is currently higher in the league? Not bad for a charity case reliant on the goodwill of the local community.

Going to make my usual response about the league cup; it's not a major trophy. You're right on the rest mind

Going to make my usual response about the league cup; it's not a major trophy. You're right on the rest mind

I think it's a major trophy mind. I certainly thought so in 1985 and 2014, anyway
If you think Donald is worse than Short you are beyond help

This. Short made dreadful decision after dreadful decision. Donald has made the odd one but not on that scale.

Last edited:
he was suspened from a previous rle for fighting during working hours with a client of his employer..you think that wont restrict his career options?

the chaoirman of posh is far froma reliale witness to anything..he is a sales guy trying to sell a product and safc thought he was asking too much money..

macanthony has form for that in the property world..
Wasn't charged by the police though so no criminal record. Football has very little morals at times, Barton, Ferguson, Rix are a few examples off the top of my head. I think it is more down to his ability then the incident at QPR

I think it's a major trophy mind. I certainly thought so in 1985 and 2014, anyway

This. Short made dreadful decision after dreadful decision. Donald has made the odd one but not on that scale.

I'd see it as a big thing for us but not a major trophy in the grand scheme of things. Many countries only have one cup, this is just an extra thing added in that the big clubs don't take seriously (in fact none of the top flight do until the very latter stages), probably introduced for financial reasons. Hell just look at the prize money, you get absolutely nothing until the semi final and I'm sure beaten semi finalists only get 50k (there's about 200k for the winner). It's nowhere near the prestige of the fa cup so whilst I'd obviously love us to win it, I don't think it can count as major for all the reasons above. I'd rather win one fa cup than 5 league cups tbh

Wasn't charged by the police though so no criminal record. Football has very little morals at times, Barton, Ferguson, Rix are a few examples off the top of my head. I think it is more down to his ability then the incident at QPR
rix never worked again in england did he? in a serious job?
RH has the CV to be a coach at a much higher level..yet isnt..

no one who gets into a fight with their employers clients leaves without a blemish..polcie angle is irrelavent..

no one who gets into a fight with their employers clients leaves without a blemish..polcie angle is irrelavent..
Yes Rix did, he walked back into his old job and had roles elsewhere. Like I said football doesn't have morals at times. Again maybe Hill just isn't very good, if he was he would be working higher up the pyramid, it has nothing to do with an incident 12 years ago, where no police action was taken. Police angle is relevant when others have served custodial sentences and returned to the game.

Wasn't the incident in connection with a large brawl with the then Chinese under 23 team? How are they clients of Hill's employers?

Im not saying don is a worse owner than short because he does not have the same funds!
Pesonally I feel and i am backed up by fact that short was the richest owner we ever have had and he made a choice not to invest anymore in a failing enterprise.Short made a choice and if he wanted he could have bankrolled the purchase of a decent goalkeeper and we woukld not be in the position we find ourself now!
I personally have looked at what don has done rather than what he has said and i guess i have a different view on dons acumen as an owner of safc than you!
Short had a right old go at it he can’t be faulted for that, I would have thought he’d be able to suss duffers out sadly he didn’t which led to his interest waning and getting out.All credit to him he put millions in.

Short had a right old go at it he can’t be faulted for that, I would have thought he’d be able to suss duffers out sadly he didn’t which led to his interest waning and getting out.All credit to him he put millions in.
Short put a lot of money into the club but it was never targeted sustained investment in building a team ,he got stuck in a cycle of firing manages and paying off players for a 5th of what he paid for them and paying over the odds for replacements ,,,,, it was daft and it was his fault alone!

I'd see it as a big thing for us but not a major trophy in the grand scheme of things. Many countries only have one cup, this is just an extra thing added in that the big clubs don't take seriously (in fact none of the top flight do until the very latter stages), probably introduced for financial reasons. Hell just look at the prize money, you get absolutely nothing until the semi final and I'm sure beaten semi finalists only get 50k (there's about 200k for the winner). It's nowhere near the prestige of the fa cup so whilst I'd obviously love us to win it, I don't think it can count as major for all the reasons above. I'd rather win one fa cup than 5 league cups tbh

By that definition neither is the FA Cup. The really big clubs judge themselves on titles and Champions League.

To those who slagged off SD, should be ashamed of their actions.
Stu came in put a lot of his OWN money into the club, he bought our club and took on outstanding debts not fully paid off by Ellis Short, he DID PUT A HUGE amount of HIS OWN money in, the reports he borrowed to buy are not true, and the reports he has sold us out to make a huge profit are rubbish.
SD loves this club, but the way he and his family have been treated is disgusting,, I have seen some of the tweets and they are unbelievable, coming from Sunderland fans, if indeed they are Sunderland fans.

I believe those who started the poison on here, were mags, infiltrating our forum but those who jumped up and joined in are just as bad.
My grammar may be shite but the words are well meant.

Rix got his old job back at Chelsea straight after his release from prison

On overseeing the assembling of the worst squad in the history of SAFC.

Your “do it on the cheap” strategy is destroying our club and I never thought I would see the day that we have a worse owner than Ellis Short.
In my day we were more direct, we never hid behind a pretendy name, we were man enough to write direct and put our real names and addresses on our letters. Todays modern youth are a total group of spineless jellyfish.

To those who slagged off SD, should be ashamed of their actions.
Stu came in put a lot of his OWN money into the club, he bought our club and took on outstanding debts not fully paid off by Ellis Short, he DID PUT A HUGE amount of HIS OWN money in, the reports he borrowed to buy are not true, and the reports he has sold us out to make a huge profit are rubbish.
SD loves this club, but the way he and his family have been treated is disgusting,, I have seen some of the tweets and they are unbelievable, coming from Sunderland fans, if indeed they are Sunderland fans.

I believe those who started the poison on here, were mags, infiltrating our forum but those who jumped up and joined in are just as bad.
My grammar may be shite but the words are well meant.
We're not back to being grateful again are we? Any of the crowd wanting to takeover when Short gave it to SD could have done what hes done- cut costs and have a crap team

I honestly think Richard Hill would benefit from coming out and doing an interview where he explains what his job actually is. I couldn't say if he is any good at it or not but one thing I do know is that nobody judging his ability on social media or forums will actually know what it is he does, or what he's done since coming to Sunderland. That includes me btw!
Why wouldn’t people marra? Donald has said he’s involved in player identification, contract and transfer negotiation, liaising with clubs on offers for our players, youth development strategy and other bits and bobs on your very podcasts. He’s heavily involved in every single aspect of football at Safc from SDs own mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back