Congratulations Stewart Donald

Nah it’s a shitshow. Lacking in pace, height, strength, variety, creative players - and despite that horrendous list of missing elements it’s actually too big.

Another Kildare talking point repeated ad nauseum but having no basis in reality. Being a manager in the Scottish championship is far more appropriate to our current level than being a director of football in the conference - or his hallowed stint in sub-Saharan Africa.
eastleigh budget and staff which Richard Hill will have managed at eastleigh will have been higher than the budget at scottish champo..the players were probably better...

the medical facvilities probably bigger...

and RH role meant dealing with clubs in the english league system..JR wont have had experience of doing that.

eastleigh budget and staff which Richard Hill will have managed at eastleigh will have been higher than the budget at scottish champo..the players were probably better...

the medical facvilities probably bigger...

and RH role meant dealing with clubs in the english league system..JR wont have had experience of doing that.
He wasn't successful though. Hill has had some varied roles but none that suggest he should get this job at a big league one club with the infrastructure, fanbase and aspirations to play at a higher level. He should be at somewhere like Grimsby at best.

Jack Ross was successful, an up and coming manager who had earned rave reviews in Scotland. So there was a chance he could move onto bigger and better things and enjoy the same success at a higher level. It didn't work out.

The owners took a risk on a highly rated up and coming manager. Whereas with Hill, they just employed a journeyman mate. Jobs for the boys. As a fan, which should piss you off the most?

He has a shock coming at season ticket renewal time.
Its the time to show your feelings. Don't know what good it will do staying away BUT maybe someone will get the message. As it stands we have 30,000 attendances even if we played in a closed stadium such is the numbers of season tickets sold. Lop 10,000 off that next year and things don't look so good.

On overseeing the assembling of the worst squad in the history of SAFC.

Your “do it on the cheap” strategy is destroying our club and I never thought I would see the day that we have a worse owner than Ellis Short.

Jesus. Because doing it expensively has always worked for SAFC hasn't it.

He wasn't successful though. Hill has had some varied roles but none that suggest he should get this job at a big league one club with the infrastructure, fanbase and aspirations to play at a higher level. He should be at somewhere like Grimsby at best.

Jack Ross was successful, an up and coming manager who had earned rave reviews in Scotland. So there was a chance he could move onto bigger and better things and enjoy the same success at a higher level. It didn't work out.

The owners took a risk on a highly rated up and coming manager. Whereas with Hill, they just employed a journeyman mate. Jobs for the boys. As a fan, which should piss you off the most?
yes i agree with this..this is an intelligent and thoughtful version of the bile that has been served up about RH. The points you make are very valid.
RH has to work in the roles he has because of the QPR incident, thats the first thing, he could possibly be working higher were it not for that, but the link to the owner is a legitimate concern. My point was simpy, if you focus only on CV, RH is better placed than Ross, but if course you cant just focus on CV. JR has looked way out of his depth from very early on..but one can also look at many things in the football department overall and say they are flawed..and RH is notionally head of that department, so there has to be some comeback for that.
Am I the only one left grasping the straw of the American billionaires? It's really starting to wilt but it's our only hope to get above the league one play off positions.
why what differencr will they make? safc is a big club-it shoulnt need billioanires to get promoion from league one..other clubs dont...why does safc?

I honestly think Richard Hill would benefit from coming out and doing an interview where he explains what his job actually is. I couldn't say if he is any good at it or not but one thing I do know is that nobody judging his ability on social media or forums will actually know what it is he does, or what he's done since coming to Sunderland. That includes me btw!

Well someone has learned something new recently. First time this QPR incident is being mentioned now in relation to Hill. Although I'm not sure why an incident back in 2007 is preventing him working higher up the football pyramid

I honestly think Richard Hill would benefit from coming out and doing an interview where he explains what his job actually is. I couldn't say if he is any good at it or not but one thing I do know is that nobody judging his ability on social media or forums will actually know what it is he does, or what he's done since coming to Sunderland. That includes me btw!
It think he was chosen because Stewie trusted him to do a tough job of keeping the costs down. Hopefully, he's not seen as the man to take us forward if we have any dosh.
Him and TC are hardly the dream team and are certainly more like Officer Dibble and Top Cat.

honest question...have you tried to set one up?

It think he was chosen because Stewie trusted him to do a tough job of keeping the costs down. Hopefully, he's not seen as the man to take us forward if we have any dosh.
Him and TC are hardly the dream team and are certainly more like Officer Dibble and Top Cat.

From what I am led to believe, Hill has absolutely no say in footballing decisions. He negotiates contracts, speaks to agents, works with the owner on bids we submit to clubs and so on and so on. He had a lot to do with Djilobodji, Rodwell and Ndong leaving too from what I've heard, but I couldn't say for definite that these are things Hill has done or does. There are plenty of outlets, even the club one - perhaps at some point Hill should come out and talk about his job at the club. It'd help to clear up the uncertainty around him and his usefulness, I think. I guess unless you've worked directly with him you wouldn't have any actual knowledge of what he does or his purpose!
honest question...have you tried to set one up?

Not me personally but another of the Lads made him the offer after he had got in touch to dispute something written about him, but thus far he hasn't taken it up.

From what I am led to believe, Hill has absolutely no say in footballing decisions. He negotiates contracts, speaks to agents, works with the owner on bids we submit to clubs and so on and so on. He had a lot to do with Djilobodji, Rodwell and Ndong leaving too from what I've heard, but I couldn't say for definite that these are things Hill has done or does. There are plenty of outlets, even the club one - perhaps at some point Hill should come out and talk about his job at the club. It'd help to clear up the uncertainty around him and his usefulness, I think. I guess unless you've worked directly with him you wouldn't have any actual knowledge of what he does or his purpose!

Not me personally but another of the Lads made him the offer after he had got in touch to dispute something written about him, but thus far he hasn't taken it up.
The Chairman of the Posh begs to differ.

This is the only time he's actually spoken publicly since he came to the club, as far as I'm aware.

And Benji Kimpioka's agent!

we dont need serious money in this league..that the whole point..he has put us in a positon where we dont..no debts..modest losses he can afford to cover fr a long time despite the lies on here..

You don't and I've agreed with that all the time, but you have to be clever in recruiting and scouting and have a coherent plan and system with regards who you're signing and for what reasons. Donald has failed on every single aspect of that and ended up missing out on major targets, then paying over the odds for a major target as a result, then not addressing key issues in the squad in the summer and infact adding to the initial problems the squad already had over the last 12 months.

If he is here for the long term he needs to seriously up his game and get people in roles with budgets able to cope with this club at this level with this operation model or it'll cost him and us on and off the pitch.

Last edited:
Well someone has learned something new recently. First time this QPR incident is being mentioned now in relation to Hill. Although I'm not sure why an incident back in 2007 is preventing him working higher up the football pyramid
he was suspened from a previous rle for fighting during working hours with a client of his employer..you think that wont restrict his career options?
the chaoirman of posh is far froma reliale witness to anything..he is a sales guy trying to sell a product and safc thought he was asking too much money..

macanthony has form for that in the property world..

Last edited:

This is true but, one thing we can all see is that results at all levels are nowhere near good enough and his title involves "football operations" of which we are presently failing across the board.

This is true but, one thing we can all see is that results at all levels are nowhere near good enough and his title involves "football operations" of which we are presently failing across the board.
this is correct pf cpurse..but my question would be..how often his RH overruled by Stewart Donald..donald is basically head f football unfortuantely..donald told us he ignored hills advice to stop bidding for will grigg for example..how often has that happened?
Did SD do all the negotiating with Maja,....would hill have done a better job at it?
those are thngs worth clearing up.

this is correct pf cpurse..but my question would be..how often his RH overruled by Stewart Donald..donald is basically head f football unfortuantely..donald told us he ignored hills advice to stop bidding for will grigg for example..how often has that happened?
Did SD do all the negotiating with Maja,....would hill have done a better job at it?
those are thngs worth clearing up.

Good question mate. I know I've mentioned the bloke's name on here a few times and I'm sure he's putting his all into it but, the tangible evidence of his work must surely be results of which, could barely be worse at junior level.
Lower League sides such as ourselves need a healthy Academy set-up and it certainly doesn't appear to be at present, for whatever reason?

Back