Concerts at SOL in 2022

Disagree with that. Went to the Foos gig there a few years ago and it was a great set up.
I've seen 'Axl'/DC and Guns N' Roses there. On the pitch, it's alright. Security very lax getting in mind, and there's fuck all round the ground which led me to pissing in the not very discreet bushes.
I did too and thought it wasn’t great, especially things like getting out of the stadium . Wembley just seems to run smoother for me but maybe it will have got better
I'm sure they turned that high speed train off before the end of the gig which made it a nightmare getting back. Luckily we managed to eventually get a cab. Bit of a shambles leaving to be honest.

Last edited:
I did too and thought it wasn’t great, especially things like getting out of the stadium . Wembley just seems to run smoother for me but maybe it will have got better

Fair enough. Not been to Wembley for a gig to compare but all seemed pretty smooth where I was. Nice and easy to get a pint, and plenty of space to move around on the pitch.

Might have been tempted to see them if they were playing up here. St Vincent and Courtney Barnett as support would be a pretty great line up, shame about Foo Fighters being on the bill but would sell a good amount of tickets.

What about asking Paul McCartney to get together with Ringo and Julian Lennon and play Sgt Peppers in full. That would sell out. We could say he’s only allowed to do it at the sol so it would be an exclusive

It's the cricket ground, not the football. It's not too bad for a stadium gig venue, better than most.
Saw Arctic Monkeys, Supergrass, The Coral, Amy Whitehouse there a good while back. Was a cracking setup and day out. Also saw a couple of complete nobs (throwing pints about) get sparked out by one punch which was pretty impressive.

Don’t see why we can’t aim big. What about trying to get the doors back together with a replacement singer. Could get Dylan and Neil Young to support them. Make them sign a contract to make it exclusive and not play any other gigs.

Back