Completists

Dave Herbal

Striker
How much do you complete before you sack a game off?
I’ve been playing my current game 170 hours, finished the main game, beaten the 23 (count em) post game bosses, and completed 135 of the 136 side quests. The trouble is that the last one takes hours more grinding for objects and even then rare drops are luck based.
Would you stick with it to the bitter end, of call it a day at this point?

I’m such a completionist to the point I delayed starting God of War Ragnarok (which I platinumed in a few weeks) just so I could grind the last few trophies on saints row :lol:

Never used to be but now I realise you waste a lot of money playing part of a game.

Fair enough if it only cost you a fiver but I now have a one in one out policy 🤣 no new games allowed till I finish one

Just depends how much I'm enjoying it and how much of a chore it is.

Spent over 100 hours getting the plat on Hades because I found it a really satisfying gameplay loop despite getting repetitive.

Just depends how much I'm enjoying it and how much of a chore it is.

Spent over 100 hours getting the plat on Hades because I found it a really satisfying gameplay loop despite getting repetitive.
This pretty much, stuff like Assassins Valhalla are just too big so mostly can't be arsed and it becomes too much like a chore and is no fun. Stuff like Last of Us, Horizon and Ghost of Tsushima it was enjoyable til the end.

I start off every single game telling msyelf that this time I am going to do everything and collect everything. I never ever have, once the main story is completed I lose interest

I play until I get bored/finish the main story. I always think "Oh, I'll go back and platinum RDR2 or finish off the Skellige islands in Witcher 3 etc.," but never do. Got really far in God of War, Mad Max and Wolfenstein NW also with the intention to return....never happens.

Last edited:
I despise the trophies Resident Evil keep having where you need to do a run using only a knife etc. Don’t find those fun at all.

Same with any for New Game Plus. No chance I was running through Spider-Man straight after finishing it.

I don't have a single platinum on playstation. I have put 200 hours into crisis core and have about 50% of trophies. I am bored of it now and will be blasting through the rest of the story and moving onto new games

Not a single platinum. In fact, I was annoyed when they introduced the whole autism-baiting shite. Just let me play the f***ing game without stupid bronze trophies popping up because I loaded my gun for the first time or some such yada yada yada.

Rarely complete a game.

I go through stages of getting excited about a new game, play it, like it, realised I'm wasting my time after a few weeks and then don't touch the Xbox for months and months until another game comes out.

I absolutely loved Hogwarts Legacy, fantastic game but haven't touched it since early March. I smashed it mind. Got all of the Unforgivable Curses, messed about with them and that was it. Might never play it again, but probably will at some point.

17 Platinum trophies here but I wish it wasn't a thing because for me, it's been a curse. I usually won't play a game unless I'm sure I can get the platinum, so it's created a massive backlog in my library.

The only game I've a platinum on is the original Dark Souls.

I've put 1000s of hours into the other DS games but can't be arsed to platinum them because the trophies I'm missing are online/multiplayer based.

Depends on the game and whether I’m close enough or the collection elements are too time consuming to be worth it. Have 100% a few games. Bugs me when achievements get stuck at say 90% but won’t move on. The London assassin s creed one did that.

Back