Commentators apologising for swearing.

I was surprised to hear the f word shouted so regularly during Bundesliga matches. I can only surmise that swearing in English is a lot more f***ing satisfying than in other languages.

They should have a 'sticky' in the corner of the screen next to the score with an apology so they dont have to contstantly apologise...I did notice they had a 'sticky' for Black Lives Matter which I find astonishing...(not to be discussed here though that's for another thread)

The broadcasters could donate ÂŁ100 to charity for each audible case of swearing. That would negate the need to apologise and take the steam out of the serial offended.

Will they just shut up - every single match you attend you will hear loads of swearing - why do they need to constantly apologise every time a swear word is audible on the TV? Nobody cares.
So if you had young children - maybe under 8 say, you would think it would be OK for them to hear swearing in their own homes on the TV?
I agree, if you go to the match its part and parcel and if you dont want your kids ot hear it dont take them. In your own home before the watershed you have a choice.

The boxing is terrible for it, it's bastard 11:30pm at night and Adam Smith is still sat there pratting on appologising as if somebody has just launched a volley of sickening abuse in the middle of the Antiques Roadshow on a Sunday teatime.

Back