Comedians that just arent funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's why I hate threads about comedy
Music threads are the same

You are fine with saying you like comedy or you like music, but as soon as you mention liking any particular comedian or band and the whole world mocks you

You feel ashamed for finding ANY specific comedian funny

"I'm Trauntrian and I'm a Metallica fan who can't listen to Eddie Izzard without laughing"

The main job of a comedian is to make you laugh - in that almost all comedians will succeed. Or am I just easily pleased
You like Metallica...say no more ;)

Reeves and Mortimer
Mel and Sue
Gina yashere
Rob Beckett
Chris Ramsey
That Yorkshire/manc lass who talks like she's simple?

John Bishop. That slow scouse accent boils my piss.
Noel Fielding. As funny as cramp.

As a side note, my dad went to see Bob Monkhouse about 40 years ago while we were at Butlins and said that he was absolutely fantastic, a lot different to what he was like on the telly.

Monkhouse was a true professional comedian. He had an act for every audience: could be blue as hell or just silly quips that Grandma would laugh at. Was very highly respected in his trade.

:lol:

Doesn't half.

She was a funny woman but it was very hard to get over the irritation of her CONSTANTLY CONSTANTLY ending a joke with "and it's just..." and then trailing off.

I found Bobby Thompson's trait of segueing between jokes by taking a drag on his tab and then looking at it and saying "and, errrr,,,," while waiting for applause quite irritating as well. Apart from that he was hilarious although younger audiences today wouldn't know what on Earth he was wittering on about. Those days are gone.

Off to see Micky Flanagan tonight, only shame is he at Metro Arena so beer is £6million a pint
Mind I'm not keen on stand up comedy in a big venue like an arena.
It just feels wrong. Comedy is great in a small intimate setting like a comedy club or perhaps up to a theatre - but any bigger than that and you've no chance with comedian's body language or facial expressions which is where half the humour is

Mind I'm not keen on stand up comedy in a big venue like an arena.
It just feels wrong. Comedy is great in a small intimate setting like a comedy club or perhaps up to a theatre - but any bigger than that and you've no chance with comedian's body language or facial expressions which is where half the humour is
He was good but the arena is an awful venue. Uncomfortable seats and ripped off for everything. Then the stewards constantly wandering around chatting got right on my tits

Jimmy Carr is absolutely woeful and has the worst laugh I've ever heard in my life. and he's a tax dodging bellend just for good measure

Monkhouse was a true professional comedian. He had an act for every audience: could be blue as hell or just silly quips that Grandma would laugh at. Was very highly respected in his trade.
People didn't always find him funny but he certainly knew his trade and he was aware of that. To me his best line was always...

"People laughed at me when I told them that I wanted to become a comedian ...... well they are not laughing now."

That has to be one of the greatest one liners ever written.

I was there, 3 rows behind Shearer . He was in Sachins afore that . He's a proper ugly kernt close up . Didn't tell him that like really hard looking bastad. Flanagan was good .
I was in block B on the floor. Arena is an absolute dump. Boiling hot, cant take your own bottle of water in but they charge more than petrol per litre. Place stinks of grease on the concourses and the stood for 20 minutes for the toilet. Dont mention the seats, uncomfortable and cramped.

I wont ever go back to the Arena for anything, much better in smaller venues

Micky Flanagan was good though.

Amy Schumer. f***ing awful
Her latest offering on Netflix, the Leather special, was awful. I lasted ten minutes before finding something else to watch. She has done stuff in which she has been a lot better than that (some of it allegedly with other people's material - another issue).

Don't understand the dislike of Sarah Millican, who is a cracking act, particularly given that she's one of our own.

Last edited:
Her latest offering on Netflix, the Leather special, was poor. I lasted ten minutes. He has done stuff in which she has been better.

Don't understand the dislike of Sarah Millican, who is a cracking act, particularly given that she's one of our own.
She is acceptable for 10 mins but the being fat, eating cake and fart1ing jokes wear thin after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back