College American football

College Football is massive in the States, especially in the south. Went to see Florida Gators v Georgia Bulldogs last year and it was canny. The tailgate was the best bit like, but the amount of drink driving going on was an eye opener.

College Football is massive in the States, especially in the south. Went to see Florida Gators v Georgia Bulldogs last year and it was canny. The tailgate was the best bit like, but the amount of drink driving going on was an eye opener.
Seems a whole lot more brutal in the South. Its a whole life very military like, I deffinatley couldn't have handled growing up in a football family I'd have snapped like a twig 😂

Manti Te'o! Bizarre story - I was at that National Championship game in Miami and there were already loads of weird rumors floating around about him - I recall the story came out a couple of days later :lol:
Aye its a good watch, the dude who.... anyway ill say no more as there's twists and turns and don't want to spoil it if anyone wants to watch it.

There's a few good documentaries on netflix about college football and some of the players. Untold: Johnny football is a good one and Untold: Swamp Kings is really good.

There's another about a player and his made up girlfriend, that was a mad story 😄

I've been trying to get into College Football more but the divisions and how they pick the games and everything everything is still baffling me tbh
I lived with an American for 3 years and I still couldn't get my head around how they pick the games etc.

I did get my own back though trying to explain the rules of cricket..... He still doesn't understand it 25 years later!!!

They can get sponsorships now can't they?

Even so, the scholarship often sets their family up for life in employment terms. A lot of them say they did it for that and won't let their kids play.

Back