College American football

I can’t bare how corny Americans are, really f***s with my head.
Bear mate.
Hope so because the poor fuckers don't get paid and if they don't make it to the NFL and with the injuries they most likely have I hope it was worth it for them!
They don't get paid in the same way that top level rugby players didn't get paid pre-professionalism.

Last edited:
You have to remember that due to the distances involved, everything is a level above over there. Going to watch an NFL team is more like following England, and college teams are more your local team SAFC level.

Hope so because the poor fuckers don't get paid and if they don't make it to the NFL and with the injuries they most likely have I hope it was worth it for them!
My team . Mizzou Tigers , they changed rules , had their best season in decades this year . Players that would have left to goas rookies to NFL in the past. Now stopping cos they allowed indidiual sponsorship that is paying em more than they would get when starting off in NFL. For example their kicker a short stubby guy nicknamed "the thicker kicker" alocal chain of burger bars is now selling the the thicker kicker" burger. My pal who has a ST for every home game , just sent me a "thicker kicker" T shirt. He lives in Phoenix and flies back to columbia missouri for the games. I went to see em beat south carolina a few years ago , crowd was 64k. I remember commenting on the poor away supports ( 100 or so away fans ) and was told , they gotta fly 1200miles to get here mate.
That Virginia Tech stadium in the OP has a capacity of 66k , some of those college grounds hold over 100k., its amazing that the students keep their ST's for life even when they live thousands of miles away. My pal is 75 and has held 3 ST's since he graduated. It rivals our club football for tribalism , without the braindead violence. Far more intense than NFL.

Last edited:
There's a few good documentaries on netflix about college football and some of the players. Untold: Johnny football is a good one and Untold: Swamp Kings is really good.

There's another about a player and his made up girlfriend, that was a mad story 😄

I've been trying to get into College Football more but the divisions and how they pick the games and everything everything is still baffling me tbh

Last edited:

Back