College American football

I lived with an American for 3 years and I still couldn't get my head around how they pick the games etc.

I did get my own back though trying to explain the rules of cricket..... He still doesn't understand it 25 years later!!!
Even indy car, 3 or 4 cars in the same team and all have different colours and liveries. I don't know who's who half the time.

They're great at taking a simple concept and complicating it those Americans.

One of the best songs ever as it is, but that is awesome

I really must get into an American sport. I just don't understand them
American football is pretty easy you get some many chances or downs what they call them to make up ten yards with the ball, if they stop you they gain possession. The big markers that get held are the amount of yards you have to reach each time. Both teams have a defensive team and and offensive team depending on if you have the ball or not, usually if your not gonna make the yardage on your last chance they kick it or punt it right upfield so the opposition have to start from further back

Hope so because the poor fuckers don't get paid and if they don't make it to the NFL and with the injuries they most likely have I hope it was worth it for them!
They do like and very well these days.
Michigan Wolverines play in front of over 100k. College football is massive.
My wife's cousin has Michigan season tickets and they go every week. Crazy scenes.

Another cousin has FSU season tickets (as does my boss) they have amazing fans.

Loved this at West Virginia earlier in the year...

Last edited:
Nar man woman man, it's all above board. Of course the equivalent of universities can fund such infrastructure and personnel whilst providing world-leading education and opportunities for everyone, even the ones that don't partake in "sportS". And all without being beholden to any particular interest group.
Nothing to see here, move along.
But oh look, shiny.
But seriously, it's all just part of the game to train them to gan pretendy mental, without thinking and in large numbers in a two-sided argument. It prepares them for the two-party system, which perpetuates the control of the masses by large, well funded, vested-interest corporations.
And now, derivatively, here we have shitty "secondary modern" schools with "alumni" "merch". The grandas who played the wag can now have a sweatshirt proudly showing the other m*ngs which school they didn't bother going to. Cos they've seen it on the telly.
So f***ing aspirational.

Soz too many quotation marks and SMB sacrilege to start a sentence with "So". (Two birds, one stone at the end there).

I love the show that the Americans bring. They don’t have the reservation we have which from both sides can be an asset or a liability.

One of the best songs ever as it is, but that is awesome

I really must get into an American sport. I just don't understand them
Piece of piss mate, it's just rounders, netball and full contact piggy in the middle.

Then hockey is just hockey but with ice and fighting.
Bear mate.

They don't get paid in the same way that top level rugby players didn't get paid pre-professionalism.
That not a good reason not to pay student athletes properly. They are teenagers making millions for their colleges, but when the NCAA crack down on the soft payments that you are referring to its the kids themselves that get punished more often than not.

That not a good reason not to pay student athletes properly. They are teenagers making millions for their colleges, but when the NCAA crack down on the soft payments that you are referring to its the kids themselves that get punished more often than not.
I don't disagree, I was just trying to explode the myth that some hold that they are amateurs in the 'not being paid at all' sense. I think they should be paid openly, but into some form of trust fund that they could only access after they graduate or reach a certain age.

Back