Cole Palmer

If I recall, we were crying out for a change in the Euro Final against Italy in the 2nd half. Yet Southgate chose not to do owt until after the Italian equaliser. Not the first time nor the last.
I looked back at the starting line up that night, it's no wonder we couldn't get out of out own half. Kane and Sterling were our only attacking players. Rice, Phillips, Mount in midfield, Shaw and Trippier wing backs and 3 centre backs.

Rice and foden in the middle.
bellingham box to box behind Kane.
Saka and Grealish on the wings (but i think Rashford will get the nod).

Then our bench is very strong.
palmer
Watkins
Toney
Gordon (mag)
Bowen
maddison
Mainoo
Gallagher
Eze
Trent as wing back
Stones can step int DEF MID.

If we are not in the final, he has failed as he normally does.

Why you starting Grealish

I looked back at the starting line up that night, it's no wonder we couldn't get out of out own half. Kane and Sterling were our only attacking players. Rice, Phillips, Mount in midfield, Shaw and Trippier wing backs and 3 centre backs.
:lol: Good old Southgate.

I wouldn’t be against seeing Palmer up front if anything happens to Kane…

With Saka and Foden next to him and Bellingham behind…

Very young exciting squad.

Last edited:
It’s a real dilemma because this kid is a sublime talent and is different from the rest.
He’s a ghost of a player you simply can’t track him and his touch,technique and movement is top drawer.
On top of all that he seems completely unfazed by anything.
Seems to have that knack of treating big games like a kick around in the park in terms of pressure which is a skill in itself.

That's a tragically poor side, it has Southgate written all over it.

Seems to have that knack of treating big games like a kick around in the park in terms of pressure which is a skill in itself.
He reminds me a bit of Beardsley around the 1986 world cup.

Everything he touches seems to turn to gold and this opens up opportunities for those around him .

I dont understand all the caution with England/ Southgate.

If it were me I'd start with Kane , Foden , Saka , Palmer & Bellingham- as these are our 5 star players.

Kane up top obviously & Saka on the right . The other 3 are so adaptable you could pretty much play any of them anywhere on left or off / behind Kane.

Top players will just make it work.

Southgate will likely produce some dross with a couple of journeyman thrown in - this should be his last chance unless we win it .

Back