Coffee Chat

Was in Durham market yesterday, and spotted the coffee shop.

Jesus, its expensive stuff! Cheapest was £4/100g. I buy from online roasters like Union/Hasbean for about £3.50/100g for small bags and about £32/kg and that's free delivery

And that £4 was the cheapest stuff! Maybe I'm wrong, but I was expecting it to be cheaper than the big online places on a market stall?
Hope its nice when I try it!
£195 for a Sage Bambino - great first "real" espresso machine for anyone who wants one

Its what I have, and feel absolutely no need to upgrade.

Last edited:
Was in Durham market yesterday, and spotted the coffee shop.

Jesus, its expensive stuff! Cheapest was £4/100g. I buy from online roasters like Union/Hasbean for about £3.50/100g for small bags and about £32/kg and that's free delivery

And that £4 was the cheapest stuff! Maybe I'm wrong, but I was expecting it to be cheaper than the big online places on a market stall?
Hope its nice when I try it!
£195 for a Sage Bambino - great first "real" espresso machine for anyone who wants one

Its what I have, and feel absolutely no need to upgrade.
Is it proper independent stuff?

I've got a Swan espresso machine, are the Sage ones that much different/better?

Is it proper independent stuff?

I've got a Swan espresso machine, are the Sage ones that much different/better?
The Durham marketplace one? He said something about be low on stocks and mentioned the name of a company who'd be bringing more soon - no idea who it was though, so can't really comment.
Did sell bags of other roaster's stuff as well, those prices were high too, 200g bags for over a tenner iirc.

I don't have a clue about Swan espresso machines, sorry. The Sage* Bambino is very good and realistically the only "true" espresso machine you can get for £200

*Called Sage in the UK, Breville around the world. Breville in the UK is a totally different thing, so don't get confused.

The Durham marketplace one? He said something about be low on stocks and mentioned the name of a company who'd be bringing more soon - no idea who it was though, so can't really comment.
Did sell bags of other roaster's stuff as well, those prices were high too, 200g bags for over a tenner iirc.

I don't have a clue about Swan espresso machines, sorry. The Sage* Bambino is very good and realistically the only "true" espresso machine you can get for £200

*Called Sage in the UK, Breville around the world. Breville in the UK is a totally different thing, so don't get confused.
Yeah the Durham one, if it's independent rather than selling like Costa coffee or something I don't mind paying slightly more but it's still quite pricey as you say.

Yeah the Durham one, if it's independent rather than selling like Costa coffee or something I don't mind paying slightly more but it's still quite pricey as you say.
What I was saying though, is that he's charging substantially more than pretty much all the "craft" online places that sell very high quality stuff.

It's a market stall where quality isn't exactly guaranteed.

Seen that.

£200 ill take it 😉
Someone just took it, only advertised it yesterday, and its gone for £450.
Could have held out for another ton I think, but tbh the house is a tip after-xmas, and I want loads of stuff gone.

£450 for nowt though, its a canny deal.

Back to emmys today. Biscoff latte. Peanut butter latte. £6.
Logon or register to see this image
Looks lovely mate. I'd have been down in the sun though :)

Eyeing up a Bambino Plus on Facebook marketplace. Only £100. Can clean it up, descale and backflush, strip and should be like new . Pretty small upgrade to my non-plus bambino, but quite like the idea of the 3 way valve, plus its basically impossible to flush-clean the thing without one.

Looks lovely mate. I'd have been down in the sun though :)

Eyeing up a Bambino Plus on Facebook marketplace. Only £100. Can clean it up, descale and backflush, strip and should be like new . Pretty small upgrade to my non-plus bambino, but quite like the idea of the 3 way valve, plus its basically impossible to flush-clean the thing without one.
Was flooded over that side. Balls to getting me feet wet.

There’s a decent one on for 115 but in Bristol.
Saw this but gotta be a scam
Hmm never worked

Last edited:
Was flooded over that side. Balls to getting me feet wet.

There’s a decent one on for 115 but in Bristol.
Saw this but gotta be a scam
Hmm never worked
Aye, don't want the BBE as I have a better grinder. The espresso side is about the same, give or take.
Realistically, if this Baminbo Plus is all good, I could probably sell mine for the same money...

Aye, don't want the BBE as I have a better grinder. The espresso side is about the same, give or take.
Realistically, if this Baminbo Plus is all good, I could probably sell mine for the same money...
I’ve a grinder built into mine that can change the coarseness? But think fancy getting a stand alone one.

What machine do you have?
Just a breville barista max. Does the job for us. Just fancy a grinder as they look cool.
PACT COFFEE

You heard it here first. Start a new plan today and you’ll get 40% off your first order, plus 25% off your next two orders.

Just use the code FAVOURITE40 at checkout.​

Last edited:

Back